Where is "Account Actions"?

Redlats
Redlats Member ✭✭

I am using the current Quicken for the first time. I want to reconcile a paper statement. The help pages says "2. Click Account Actions and choose Reconcile."

I have looked everywhere for "Account Actions" (or Reconcile) to click - even behind the sub-items below Edit, View, etc. but I cannot find a tab called "Account Actions"

This was easier in my 2006 version of Quicken.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The documentation is out of date. When in the register click the gear icon in the upper right of the register. There is also another gear icon a little bit lower that controls what columns are shown.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The documentation is out of date. When in the register click the gear icon in the upper right of the register. There is also another gear icon a little bit lower that controls what columns are shown.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Redlats and @Chris_QPW,

Thank you for bringing the outdated help article to our attention. I forwarded this issue to our content team for resolution.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Reconcile

There are several ways to start a manual Reconcile process in Quicken:
    With the desired account register open do either one of the following:

• click the Actions gear icon, then click Reconcile
    • click Tools / Reconcile
    • click the Reconcile icon in the Quicken Toolbar*
    • click the Reconcile icon in the register's Action bar**
    • press CTRL-R

*What? No Toolbar icon?
    You can add a Reconcile icon to your Quicken Toolbar for easy one-click access to the function from any register.
    Right-click on a blank space in the Quicken Toolbar. Click the Customize Toolbar popup.
    When the Customize Toolbar dialog opens, look for the box in front of "Show all toolbar choices" and, if blank, click it to put a checkmark in it.
    Optionally click to select "Show icons and text"
    Now scroll the choices on the left side of the dialog until you find "Reconcile an account". Click it. Click the Add button.
    Add additional icons you might find useful.
    Quicken 2016 and older only: While you're in the dialog also put a checkmark on "Show global search".
    Click Done when finished.

** Customize the register's action bar (a row of optional icons to appear next to the register's Action gear icon):
    Click the Action gear icon.
    Click "customize action bar" in the popup.
    Next screen select "Reconcile" from the list of available choices in the left window pane, click "Add ->", click "Done".
    Now you have a Reconcile icon available next to the Action gear icon in the current register. Repeat as needed in other registers.

This discussion has been closed.