Random/changing column widths make interactive reports next to useless....

hartlenb
hartlenb Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭
edited September 5 in Reports (Windows)

Is there any way to fix and save the column widths in saved reports? I really don't need 50 characters for 'Clr' and I could really use more than 2 for the memo??? Every time I make a change to a transaction that is in the report, it resets my previously adjusted widths 🤬

Answers

• Mammondee
    Mammondee Member ✭✭

I have this same problem. How do we fix this?

• teejayus
    teejayus Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have a similar problem. The column widths randomly change requiring me to continually adjust them to my liking. You know, like being able to see the balance in the account.

• BobKick
    BobKick Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    edited July 16

I have the same problem with the app not saving the column widths—the width on the Description field changes every time I update a payee or memo field or any field. This has been going on for many months. I generated a problem ticket last year (2023) and Quicken reps did nothing and never followed up. [Removed - Disruptive/Rant]

• I have the same problem.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello All,

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Please let me know once you have submitted logs!

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mammondee
    Mammondee Member ✭✭

Exactly what is a sanitized data file and how do we generate it? Where do we get the log files?

• teejayus
    teejayus Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have been doing this for weeks, multiple times. So far, nothing

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly what is a sanitized data file and how do we generate it? Where do we get the log files?

In Quicken, go to Help > report a problem and follow the directions there.

In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.