When adding an account, which Bank Of America entry ?

D.S.F.
D.S.F. Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I was adding a new Bank of America credit card to Quicken. I entered "Bank of America" and I saw so many options (listed below). Does anyone know when to use which of these? Or is there one I can use for all my BofA business? This all feels disorganized and not the least user-friendly.

Bank of America - All Other States

Bank of America - Quicken

Bank of America - Credit Card

Bank of America - Wealth Management

Bank of America - Health Accounts

Bank of America CashPay Visa Card

Bank of America EDD Debit Card

MBNA Bank of America Mastercard

Bank of America Money Network

Bank of America - CashPro

Bank of America Private Bank

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @D.S.F.,

Bank of America - All Other States is the most common connection option for banking or credit accounts directly through Bank of America. When in doubt, the URL (web address) it shows for the financial institution's home page can help determine if you're picking a viable connection option. Is the credit card you're wanting to connect directly through Bank of America, or is it a retail card that is serviced by Bank of America? Have you already tried to connect it under any of the options you listed? If so, were you able to connect, or did you get an error?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@D.S.F. and NOTE that it was BofA's decision, not Q's, to use all of those different names. Place the blame where it rightfully belongs.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• D.S.F.
    D.S.F. Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Thanks for the info. I'll use "All Other States".

And I'm not blaming anyone in particular - I don't know who played what role in this - but doesn't it seem a little bit cockamaymie to you?

This discussion has been closed.