Getting "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time" error

System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Error on exit - online backup in progress

Comments

• peterfnyc
    peterfnyc Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I've also been getting the error message that Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. I get this when I try to update my accounts from my banks and brokerage firms. I never used to get that message. What's that about?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @peterfnyc,

The issue you describe can happen if you need to refresh the authentication token for your Quicken file. To do this, first, backup your Quicken file, then go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Click on the blue "Sign in as a different user" link.

In the confirmation window that comes up, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button. Once Quicken finishes logging you out, it will bring you back to the login screen. Login to your account and test to make sure the issue is now resolved.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• edvit541
    edvit541 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

did not work

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @edvit541,

To assist with the issue you're encountering, please provide more information. Are you seeing an "Online service unavailable at this time" error, or is something else happening? If something else is happening, please provide more details about what error messages/codes you're encountering.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• peterfnyc
    peterfnyc Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Nothing else is happening. I get the error message and later the update works. It's almost as if Quicken has a limit as to how many simultaneous updates can occur, and when the number comes down, I can update. However, this happens often at 5a or 6a EST. i can't imagine I'm competing with a large number of users at that time.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @peterfnyc,

Next, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.