CC-501's

Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

For me, Elan Financial and Citi CC's. Both started today. Other users seem to have the same with other financial institutions. Seems like a Quicken issue.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Bob.,

If you haven't already done so, I recommend that you try logging out of your Quicken, then logging back in again. To log out, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, then click the blue "Sign in as a different user" link.

In the confirmation box, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button. Once Quicken finishes logging you out, it should bring you back to the login screen. Please log back in and test if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Quicken Kristina . I'll wait a little. Elan fixed itself overnight and I suspect I am not the only one with Citi CC-501. If not fixed by my end of day OSU, I will try signing out and in.

• mjonis
    mjonis Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Even though the error says it's a Quicken Server issue, IMO, this is related to the Crowdstrike issues that started Friday (coincidentally when all my EWC/EWC+ accounts had cc-501 errors). Today, only the sub-set of Citi Financial institutions are getting CC-501s:

Home Depot consumer credit card (Citi, but not Citibank like the regular citi cards)

Sears Shop Your Way (Citi)

Best Buy (Citi)

all giving the same cc-501 error on Quicken Server

So my guess is that whatever API is used by Citi, isn't up yet and Quicken's servers can't get to them.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Elan down again. Was up for a few hours. Citi still down. And many others it appears from postings. I doubt a logout login would help Kristina.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Elan came back by itself. Quicken prompted me to "add account" for Citi which was really a reathorization. Went smoothly and no more 501's at the moment.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thank you for the follow-up,

I'm glad to hear the issue seems to be resolved.

If the issue comes back, please let us know!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Elan is back down this morning CC-501 and Wells Fargo Direct Connects down - I think CC-503's.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Wells back….

Its whack-a-mole. Likely still the CrowdStrike settling down at the banks.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Just did an OSU and Quicken closed by itself when completed. Reopened Quicken, OSU and a a dialog resyncing bank accounts with the Cloud or similar. Long OSU. Chase now CC-501.

Elan back. Wells back. Chase CC-501 and odd crash. See what tomorrow brings…

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Bob.,

We do currently have an active alert regarding CC-501 errors with multiple financial institutions. You may follow this link to access that alert, which you can bookmark for further updates. 

As per the alert: If you are experiencing this issue, we advise that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Quicken Jasmine 501's have quieted down for now. And I believe they are resolved without Quicken support and mostly caused by computer glitching likely causes by Crowdstrike, etc. I would not suggest overhelming support with these. Reporting is always good, though.

Right now my latest concern is having to re-add Chase CC accounts twice in 3 days. Hoping that also is a result of the recent computer foo everywhere. If it happens again in less than 30 days, will be reporting it.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Bob.,

Thank you for coming back to update us, I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved for you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

One of two Chase CC accounts just went CC-501. Odd not both.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

And just like that, working again.

But speaking of which, that same account is overdue for grabbing the Online Bill. So, what do you do?

Biller emailed the statement 5 days ago. Quicken usually gets anyone's bill within 5 days of the close of statement. When it does not come in, I wait 7 days then Refresh Biller. Half the time that works. Half does not. If not, I try unlinking to the reminder, deleting the biller, readding, relinking. Most of the time it will work but could lose history, etc.

What do YOU do when the Online Bill is late?

This discussion has been closed.