Why do I have to sign in every time I run a one step update?

Bilwit
Bilwit Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I run Quicken on a windows 10 Dell and this seems to be a new requirement after the latest update.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sign into WHAT? Quicken? One Step Update? One or more FIs? If you don't do a OSU, do you have to sign in?

Also, what specific BUILD of Q are you running? Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Bilwit

Sorry I was not clearer, When I update via one step update, I have to sign in to Quicken using my id and password. A window pops up. Don't know why that is required every time I run one step update. It seems to have happened after the most recent update. I am running Version 57.26, Build 27.1.57.26 on a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10.

Thanks for any info you can provide. Bill

• cdennett
    cdennett Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

I've noticed the same problem recently. Click on the OSU and the first thing it does is ask for the Quicken ID password. This happened a few months ago and mysteriously disappeared after a while. Don't recall if a reason why or what could be done to have it remember the password was ever found. Now the problem has come back. Since a recent update reset all the backup settings I thought maybe a similar thing happened here but I have not found anything in the preferences to explain it.

• Bilwit

Thanks for your response. Is anyone else experiencing this or has anyone found a way to stop it.? But great to know others have the same issue.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Bilwit & @cdennett,

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cdennett
    cdennett Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Tried that yesterday. Didn't change a thing.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please download and install the latest Manual Patch file for Release 58.9 from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    The problem with having to logon to the Quicken ID every day has gone away since I updated my Quicken program.

• Bilwit

Thanks, It updated automatically yesterday or the day before to 58.9 and I have not had to logon since then. Thanks for letting me know as it seems to be corrected.

• JB_105
    JB_105 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I thought this problem was finally solved but now suddenly twice over the last couple days I'm been required to sign in before I can do a one step update.

I'm on R58.9

• Bilwit

Happened to me as well. Thought it was solved but it is not. Seems a bit random as sometimes it runs without the requirement and sometimes it requires a sign on.

• JB_105
    JB_105 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Yes, very random but I hadn't had it happen for quite awhile until I recently updated to R58.9.

• twsupport
    twsupport Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I've updated to R58.9 and I'm still being prompted to enter my Quicken ID every time I do a one-step update.

• Bilwit

It prompts me randomly, not every time but it is a nuisance. Wish someone could explain this. I may contact Quicken directly to see if there is a fix as this should not be required in my opinion.

• nmestanas
    nmestanas Member ✭✭✭

Happens somewhat rarely for me. I assume Quicken wants to make sure my subscription is still active. :)

It does seem to happen more often when I restore a file from backup, have to redo some account connections or something goes wrong with a download.

I'm on 58.9, Win11 Pro

• Bilwit

Does anyone form Quicken monitor these threads to assist or resolve these issues? Or do we have to contact them directly. I have found that they can be very helpful, unlike the past when Intuit owned Quicken with particularly poor support right before they sold it.

• nmestanas
    nmestanas Member ✭✭✭

There are Quicken folks that do monitor these forums. They are very helpful but they are not Tech Support. You'd get faster service by contacting them directly.

This discussion has been closed.