Drop down list Payee entire payee list selected in blue vs none selected with white background

Brucee32789ywe3290
Brucee32789ywe3290 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

This should be self-explanatory. Don't want to do screenshot because showing all my payees security risk.

Automatically open drop-down lists in QuickFill fields selected in Preferences Data entry and Quickfill. Turning off in preferences does not fix, as soon as type something all matching previous payees come up all selected in blue.

Closing database and reopening ALWAYS will fix. Until a few days later upon opening Quicken will reappear.

This has been going on for some time, months and months ago. Tried calling support, pretty unhelpful, all they could come up with was "my database is corrupted" although validating shows no errors. They wanted me to do a database copy, which would disconnect all my online accounts, and I'm not about to create all that extra work when IMHO support was following typical scripted answer without a real grasp on what the problem is. I suspect some kind of quirky bug, since a search on this website turns up others with the same problem.

Helpful ideas vs guesses?

Windows R57.26 but problem has been present for release after release.

Windows 11 Home

Thanks.

Comments

• Brucee32789ywe3290

FYI one further clarification, problem only shows up from time to time. I can open Quicken for several days and the problem is not there; until then it reappears.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Brucee32789ywe3290,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Do you recall which version of Quicken you were using when the issue started? You mentioned this is an intermittent issue which is temporarily corrected by restarting your Quicken program. Do you typically leave your Quicken program open, even when you're not using it? Is your Quicken file directly on your local hard drive? Is it synced with any cloud service, such as OneDrive, iCloud, or Dropbox?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Brucee32789ywe3290

Thank you for the response. I do not remember exactly when this started, or what version of Q when it first appeared. I can say for sure it has been a long time, many months, and many versions of Q. If I had to guess I would say around a year or so?? I ignored it for some time, assuming it was a quirky bug introduced with a new version. But with update after update not fixing it, it has become annoying enough to report 😀

The issue can be solved by closing and reopening the database, whether that is accomplished by exiting and restarting Q program, or performing a backup on the open data file. Either way works just as well. I normally do the backup method because it's faster and I backup daily anyway.

While I will at times open Q and work in it, then keep it open for a few hours as I do other things during the day, I always close Q by end of day, and shut down my PC as well. However, when the problem occurs, it is always immediate upon launching Q. I have not noticed or paid attention whether there has ever been an instance of launching Q for the first time in the day, and the problem is not there, then after doing other things returning to Q and it is there. Can't say that has never happened. But since I know for sure when the problem occurs it is there upon first launch of Q for the day, the program being open while idle shouldn't be the root cause.

My Q file (and backup file) is directly on my HD and the files are NOT synched with any cloud service, even though I use OneDrive to synch My Documents etc. The Q file is NOT under any folder that synchs with a cloud service. I do use the iDrive backup program, and my Q data file is backed up by that backup program (NOT using the Cloud drive option, but traditional backing up.) That backup is in the cloud on iDrive datacenter, but it isn't synched with the cloud like OneDrive or Dropbox etc. do.

Hope this helps.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I have seen this once or twice and I don't know exactly what triggers it. It is certainly not something that most people encounter, and even rarer have it keep repeating. I suspect it has something to do with the display driver.

And there is the biggest problem, I doubt anybody can reproduce this on demand.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thank you for your replies,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.