Northwestern Mutual Investment Services download errors

Anyone else having trouble downloading transactions from Northwestern Mutual Investment Services? I've been getting error code 16503 along with the HTTP-400 error.

I'm on Quicken for Mac, latest version (7.8.2).

Thanks.

Rich

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited August 5 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-10648)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• reidbone
    reidbone Member ✭✭

Same Error codes from Same Mac Version on my end. I disconnected one account and tried to add it back but no luck.

• rogercortez1
    rogercortez1 Member ✭✭

I'm getting the same error. Started about a week ago.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited August 5 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-10648)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ctquinn
    ctquinn Mac Beta Beta

Same problem here. I have reported the error several times.

• NancyH
    NancyH Member ✭✭

Same issue here; since last week . . same error, same Mac Quicken Version. Please help! I have sent in at least 5 error reports.

• ascolborn
    ascolborn Member ✭✭

Experiencing the same issue on Windows. Last successful update was 01-Aug-2024. Submitted information to Quicken Support

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Please help! I have sent in at least 5 error reports.

@NancyH Please understand that this is a Qucicken Community forum, meaning it's mostly fellow Quicken users (like me) trying to help each other where possible. There are also a handful of Quicken moderators who keep the site organized, and they post alert messages when service outages have been confirmed. But beyond that, you won't get help with a specific connectivity issue here. And the error reports you've sent will never get a reply; they use them, but don't reply to them. If you want some interaction or acknowledgement of the problem, you should instead call Quicken Support (the link is at the top of the page).

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mmoran
    mmoran Member ✭✭

+1 here - filed the Help → Report a Problem

• I just spoke with NM as well. All they can tell me is that their team is working on it but there's no ETA for resolution.

• Alan Fields
    Alan Fields Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 12

<sigh> Today is the day that I try to create a new connection with Northwestern Mutual.

Go to add account, select Northwestern Mutual Inv SVS-NMIS, enter userid/password and immediately get OFX-2005 with gibberish about my broker dealer not set up to support the service:

Please try again later.

OFX Error: 2005

Details:
    Your Introducing Broker Dealer is not setup to support this service. Please contact your Investment Professional for more information.

I sent it along to Quicken, and here's hoping they fix it quick.

• Yup, I see the same thing. I don't feel like there's any sense of urgency at Northwestern Mutual, TBH.

• ISDBOND
    ISDBOND Member ✭✭

Hi Kristina. My Quicken Classic for Mac began displaying OFX Error: 2005 two weeks ago when I tried to download transactions from my three (3) Northwestern Mutual accounts. I sent a feedback report to the Quicken Development Team this morning. Thanks! Dale Bond

• PCush
    PCush Member

From my broker at Northwestern Mutual — "We have learned that the security measures Quicken currently has in place is inadequate to fully protect client information from being compromised. Accordingly Northwestern Mutual has suspended their linking with Quicken in order to protect client information, and until Quicken makes the necessary changes to their security measures, Northwestern Mutual will keep the Quicken link suspended. Because the security updates are needed on Quicken’s end, for now, there is not a timeline of when the link will be re-established. We will keep you posted on any updates we receive."

• Alan Fields
    Alan Fields Member ✭✭✭

<sigh> Fingers pointing in both directions at once. I highly recommend a large dose of patience, a goodly supply of hope that both parties can get it together quickly for the good of their joint customer base, and a big bucket of popcorn. 🍿

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

One has to wonder what Northwestern Mutual finds unsafe with Quicken's security that thousands of other financial institutions don't have a problem with.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Paul Walker
    Paul Walker Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 16

NMIS no longer says the OFX Error: 2005 is their problem. Neither does Quicken.

It appears that Northwest Mutual and Quicken will NOT work together to resolve this issue. I have been on phone with NMIS 3 times and chatted with Quicken 4 times. Neither seems willing to accept responsibility nor will they collaborate with the other party to resolve the issue. [Removed - Rant]

• William Buckley
    William Buckley Member ✭✭

I spoke to both Quicken and NMIS. No one is taking responsibility or giving a timeline. I told them that my patience is not unlimited and that I will move my accounts to another institution if it is not resolved soon.

• Alan Fields
    Alan Fields Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 16
  • Somebody on the NWML security team seems to have decided that Quicken is insecure and has shut off access for hundreds if not thousands of NWML customers. I’ve negotiated with Quicken in the past and it’s not easy but it can be done. Someone on the executive team at NWML needs to put some pressure on the Tech Team to figure out a way to get this fixed ASAP.

• dcness01
    dcness01 Member ✭✭

Registered my complaint with NMIS and got a call back one day later. The gentleman indicated he would put my name on a call back list when the issue gets resolved. I am crossing my fingers

• ISDBOND
    ISDBOND Member ✭✭

I called NML website technical support on August 19th to report that I could no longer download transactions into Quicken for Mac (OFX Error: 2005).
    The support technician told me that NML was aware of the problem and promised to contact me when it's been resolved.

• bumgarb
    bumgarb Member ✭✭

I am now receiving this message within Quicken. It says the message is from NMIS, however, I'm sure Quicken could have added this to their own software.

• I see the message below now when I go into "Investments" under "Accounts" in my NMIS web login:

• I sent my NM advisor team an email this morning, careful to point out that I'm not blaming them at all for this but they need to take it to the highest levels and let senior management know that their clients are really upset about this, to the point where we'll pull our money and find another advisor. He replied and said that they have been in meetings with the right people about this, and these messages from clients are being heard. Hopefully, this is fixed soon.

• I wrote a letter to the CEO. I got a reply from his assistant;It was passed down the pipeline. No word since.

• I called and left a message with Mr. Rashad White in the Client Advocacy Administration Department (414) 661-7212. Let's see if I get a call back.