Cloud Sync Changing Budget Tested Solution

Eric K Smith
Eric K Smith Quicken Windows Subscription Member
edited August 6 in FAQ'S (Windows)

Here is the key that I figured out. I recently added 2025 and everything looked right for 2024 and 2025. I had to create just the budget categories option for adding 2025 then used Dec 2024 budget and 'copied budget from Dec 2024 forward to end of 2025.' I did that for each budgeted category. At that point I saved the Quicken file.

Every single time I would cloud sync it would literally eff up many of my budget category amounts for 2024. Each time I had to restore from backup. I tried all the posted tricks about turning off cloud and forcing replacement of cloud file etc. Same result every time grrrrr…

Solution:

Get your budget looking like you want it (including 2025 or whatever) and then 'duplicate budget' and name it something else… i.e 'budget 2'

Delete the original budget and save the quicken file with timestamp (just in case)

Sync with cloud and since there's no [Removed - Profanity] existing cloud budget to [mess] things up, it works like a charm. I suggest doing this anytime you add another year.

Cheers!

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Very helpful, and insightful to what the actual problem is.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Eric K Smith,

We appreciate you describing this problem in detail and sharing the solution to help others.

I went ahead and moved this post to our FAQs section.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.