CC-502 Error: Attempting to Add MIDFLORIDA Account

JimInStPete
JimInStPete Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I'm running the current Quicken for MS Windows 11 58.9 release. When attempting to add my MIDFLORIDA Credit Union account to Quicken, a CC-502 error message is displayed (see screen shot). This was a known issue in March 2024, and this issue is unresolved.

Is this a known issue and if so, when is the expected to be resolved?

Is there a workaround method of adding a new MIDFLORIDA account to Quicken Windows 11?

I submitted a Quicken support ticket today, and I'll update this post with any responses that I receive.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you asking Q users when MidFlorida's website will be available? See the wording in the message that you posted.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @JimInStPete,

Did you submit a report through the "Report a Problem" function within your application or did you call Quicken Support?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JimInStPete

@NotACPA If you're referring to the screenshot of the Quicken error message, one issue could be that MidFlorida servers are offline. This is not necessarily the case, as I've had this message before when the issue has been with Quicken and not a financial institution's server.

• JimInStPete

@Quicken Jasmine I submitted a report through the Report a Problem and also through Quicken, when the app crashed after displaying the CC-502 error. I'll escalate this week via a chat session and phone call, if I do not get a response from support.

• JimInStPete

On the phone with Quicken customer support— they verified the CC-502 problem as well when attempting to login to MIDFLORIDA Credit Union. They are now escalating the issue for resolution.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @JimInStPete,

I am happy to hear that Quicken Support is escalating the issue for you!

However, please keep in mind that while submitting a problem report provides the logs that our support agents will need to escalate, they are unable to proceed with escalation unless they have you live on the phone or chat with them. Submitting a problem report without contacting support will only be used for tracking and investigative purposes when there is a widespread issue. And as stated at the top of the problem report submission screen, you will not receive a direct response by submitting.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JimInStPete

Hello Jasmine,

I engaged with a product support representative last week and received this response:

"Hello James,

The FDP-102 error you are experiencing with MidFlorida Credit Union is a widespread known issue. Unfortunately, we don’t have an estimated time for resolution, but we are working toward a resolution. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us and providing us with your log files.

As you may imagine, the connections we maintain for online banking are quite complex to maintain a secure connection, so it’s hard for us to provide an estimate on how long it will take for resolution. We recommend you try updating your accounts occasionally. Once the issue is resolved, you’ll experience a successful update.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by phone or chat. Phone support is available Monday through Friday 5 am through 5 pm Pacific Time, at (650) 250-1900. Chat support is available on our support website (quicken.com/support) 7 days a week, 5 am through 5 pm Pacific Time.

As I am a business system developer, the resolution of this issue should be associated with one or more upcoming Quicken application updates, to the product team/developers should have an idea as to when customers should try again.

Based on my experience with MIDFLORIDA and Quicken, this has been an issue since March 2024, so this issue has been open for over 5 months and is affecting the capability of downloading transactions from other banks and credit unions in addition to MIDFLORIDA. Not an insignificant problem when you consider the workaround for customers (manually entering or importing transactions - time intensive.)

It would be better for the customer experience if the Quicken product team would advise affected customers as to when an upcoming Quicken software update might resolve the issue, rather than customers retrying periodically and getting more frustrated when they receive the same error.

Does the Quicken team have a beta test program for customers that are interested in participating in upcoming release testing?

• JimInStPete

Here's the response from the Quicken Support Team re: this Issue:

"The FDP-102 error you are experiencing with MidFlorida Credit Union is a widespread known issue. Unfortunately, we don’t have an estimated time for resolution, but we are working toward a resolution. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us and providing us with your log files.

As you may imagine, the connections we maintain for online banking are quite complex to maintain a secure connection, so it’s hard for us to provide an estimate on how long it will take for resolution. We recommend you try updating your accounts occasionally. Once the issue is resolved, you’ll experience a successful update.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by phone or chat. Phone support is available Monday through Friday 5 am through 5 pm Pacific Time, at (650) 250-1900. Chat support is available on our support website (quicken.com/support) 7 days a week, 5 am through 5 pm Pacific Time."

The resolution of this issue should be associated with one or more upcoming Quicken application updates. Quicken product manager and development team will know when a potential fix is in place and affected customer end-users should try again to connect with their bank and/or credit unions.

As this has been an issue with MIDFLORIDA since March 2024, It's good that this issue has been escalated after being unresolved for over 5 months. As this issue affects the ability to automatically download transactions from selected banks and credit unions, this is a significant problem considering the time investment by customers to manual enter or import transactions.

I'll check to see if the Quicken product team maintains a development roadmap for users to determine the next software update so affected users can schedule a retest.

I'll also post the web link or instructions on how to access a Quicken known issue list that reports issue status and targeted resolution dates, based on planned product software updates.

• JimInStPete

As of today, the issues persists, I'll check this monthly and post any changes in behavior going forward. As this has been a software defect since March 2024, it's time to research and try workarounds, like downloading a MIDFLORIDA transaction file and importing into Quicken. Hopefully, that process will not have any unforeseen issues. 🙄

Perhaps the Quicken Product Manager should direct the development team to remove the banks and credit unions affected by this defect from the 'add a new account' feature listing. This issue is wasting a lot of time for Quicken support and end-users. There is no estimate as to the resolution of this defect as of March 2024, so it's time to be honest about resolving this issue. It's misleading for the application to suggest it can connect to these financial institutions when at present, it cannot.

• JimInStPete

OK, so I found the Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues section - this is useful.

This discussion has been closed.