Plan Beyond the Next Instance

dgamarra
dgamarra Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited August 11 in Product Enhancements

It only allows adjustments for the next instance, which limits my ability to plan beyond a year, especially when I anticipate future charges or fees. I'd love to see a feature that lets me input these changes now, giving me a more comprehensive financial outlook and helping me make informed decisions.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Where are you talking about in the program? The Budget?

The Bills & Income > Projected Balances screen lets you select a wide range of time periods, up to 10 years:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Since @dgamarra mentioned "adjustments" I would imagine this is a request to change not only the next instance of a scheduled reminder, but anyone in the future. It is a feature the MS Money had, but Quicken has never had.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Just found that @dgamarra commented in the Quicken Windows suggestion for this that he/she would like this for Quicken Mac too (so my guess seems to be right):

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Scheduled transactions aren’t actually individual transactions which could be edited to be different; they are more like a template for future transactions which are created when you mark them as paid/deposited

So if you wanted, you could create a scheduled transaction and mark the next 12 months as “paid” so you can edit each transaction individually. “Paid” doesn’t mean you’ve paid the bill; it’s still in the future, but it’s disconnected from the scheduled “template” transaction so each individual instance can be independently edited.

Changing the behavior of scheduled transactions would require a coordinated architecture change across Quicken Mac, Quicken Windows and Quicken Mobile — so I don’t think it’s too likely unless management sees this as an important feature to introduce across all platforms.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993