Quicken can't stay logged in to AmEx

This is a massive problem. I keep getting text messages from AmeEx with my one-time login code. Apparently Quicken can't stay logged in, so every time it tries to access AmEx, it sends a new request, and gets asked for a new one-time code. I get a txt message, but there's no way in Quicken to enter that code.

Yesterday I scheduled a payment to AmEx, to go out immediately, and 4 hours later I got a message that it had been cancelled because Quicken couldn't login to AmEx without this one-time code.

How is this so broken? Is anyone else able to make this work?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited August 16

Hello @davidgs,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue started? When I check on our end, it shows the online biller status as "Locked". Are you able to log into the biller's website directly to make sure the account is not locked?

Note: When having issues scheduling payments to online billers, we recommend that you pay the biller by an alternate method to avoid late payments/fees while troubleshooting the issue in your Quicken.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭✭

same issue here. Started over the weekend.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 19

(deleted)

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19

Same here. Transactions download fine. Ebill keeps asking for code, Amex sends it, I input it and Amex/Quicken says it’s connected. Then get new “unsolicited” code for Amex shortly thereafter and Quicken says needs to reauthorize. Rinse and repeat…. Only happens with Amex.

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @GIWalt,

To help troubleshoot this issue, I checked on our end and it looks like you successfully reconnected the American Express biller in your Quicken. Are you still seeing an issue, or is it currently working?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Quicken Kristina. For the moment Amex is staying signed in and working. Let's give it another day to see if it lasts.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20

Amex just sent me an authorization code again even though I am not using Quicken at the time. When I opened Quicken it asked me to reauthorize Amex which I did using the authorization code. Amex is now okay again but for how long?

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Same here, just got an email from Amex about an hour & a half ago with a new code. When I fired up Quicken & updated, Amex was showing an error on the Bills & Income page (but not in the Connection Status window, no errors there). I last fixed it a little over 24 hours ago.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20

Amex just sent me a new activation code. So prior activation lasted about 2 hours. I’m not going to reactivate for a bit so maybe Quicken team can see what may be happening on the back end of things.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@GIWalt You probably want to contact Quicken Support about this issue. Comments here aren't seen by the development team, and this site isn't Quicken Support.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭✭

Looks like Jon and I are experiencing the same Amex behavior. Yesterday’s activation lasted 24 hours or so but now it’s more frequent again.

• Quicken Kristina
    edited August 23

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-10810)

Quicken Kristina

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jacobs. Thanks for the suggestion but response from Quicken Kristina suggests they are seen by Quicken although maybe not development team.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@GIWalt Yes, the moderators can create support tickets when they see trending issues. The only issue is that you won't receive feedback this way. Hopefully you and others submit Report a Problem reports as she requested, and the developers can track down what's going on.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭✭

I also reported the Amex issue as Quicken Kristina suggested. Amex has historically been pretty good with Quicken so hopefully there is an easy fix although this seems like a backend issue and not a user one.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭✭✭

Just tested again. Amex stays connected for an hour or two and then I get a new code from Amex and Quicken asks for it. Yes, I did report as Quicken Kristina suggested.