LifeHub Data Privacy and Security...

Jon McIntosh
Jon McIntosh Member ✭✭
edited August 30 in Using Quicken LifeHub

I'm a longtime Quicken user who does not use "Mobile & Web" sync and I am very concerned that using Quicken with LifeHub requires enabling "connected services" to the Quicken Cloud as well as LifeHub itself using the Quicken Cloud. Given all the things Quicken does well I made an (errant) assumption when signing up that, if cloud connection was necessary, it would use Apple's privacy-robust iCloud services.

And given the sensitive nature of all the personal information "uploaded" to make best use of LifeHub I am a little shocked there has been such seemingly little attention to data privacy and security in any of the marketing and product support efforts that I am been able to find for LifeHub.

I'm fairly active at a few different Mac-related online discussion forums and if I post about LifeHub using Quicken Cloud and not iCloud the current LifeHub approach is going to get vilified and potential users will be turned off. (Is it not possible for LifeHub to be a standalone product like Quicken which does not require "Mobile & Web" sync in order to function?)

Please give me (and/or post for others) detailed and comprehensive support for why Quicken Cloud will protect our private information equally or more robustly than iCloud. I think this will be both helpful and necessary for those whose first concern is data privacy and security.

From the LifeHub software design I very much would like to use and promote this product but at this point I am not feeling comfortable extending past the free trial period.

Thanks so much for your careful attention to my request.

:-) Jon McIntosh

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Jon McIntosh,

To answer your question, while it doesn't give a direct comparison to iCloud, here is the information from this FAQ about Quicken LifeHub's security:

Your data is protected by bank-grade security, including robust encryption measures, multi-factor authentication protocols, and regular security audits to help safeguard your sensitive data.

• Securing your data in transit: All communications between you and Quicken LifeHub are encrypted using the Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 or higher encryption protocol. TLS encryption can help protect web applications from data breaches and other attacks.
    • Securing your data at rest: We use best-in-class Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption for all your data, which is used by many banks and businesses worldwide.
    • Sign in with multi-factor authentication (MFA):To protect access to your account, you can require MFA for all logins:
      1. Go to the Settings gear icon
      2. Select Profile Details
      3. Under Multi Factor Authentication, toggle Always Require for Lifehub to On

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭

If someone breaches your service, would they have access to the unencrypted information that we store in it? Have you considered implementing something like Bitwarden or Lastpass do, where the information is stored encrypted in your system, and is only decrypted on our own systems?

• Hello @thaJack,

If I'm understanding correctly, you're wanting to see Quicken LifeHub keep all data encrypted (in transit and at rest) until accessed by someone logging in with the proper credentials? I do not know if our teams have already considered it or not, but if it is functionality you'd like to see added, I recommend that you create an Idea post. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in the future! For instructions on creating an Idea post, please click here.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.