Direct connect accounts do not sync with Quicken web and mobile apps

rotunnoe
rotunnoe Member ✭✭

I have 2 accounts with Fifth-Third setup with direct connect since I use bill pay with them. I decided to try the mobile and web interfaces and setup as specified. The accounts will load on the mobile app but I can't sync them to the web for live updates. I'll get the following message:

"Account needs attention: To restore connectivity to your account, deactivate and reactivate your account in your Quicken desktop. Click here for instructions."

My question is, do accounts that use Direct Connect work in Quicken Mobile?

Comments

• Hello @rotunnoe,

To answer your question, yes, accounts connected by Direct Connect should be able to connect/update through the app (using Quicken for bank bill pay transactions needs to be done through the desktop program). If you haven't already done so, I recommend that you backup your Quicken file and follow the troubleshooting steps in this article on online banking issues in Quicken on the Web and Mobile.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rotunnoe
    rotunnoe Member ✭✭

I followed the instructions as you suggested however the error is still the same. (Error: CC-501 - A connection to your financial institution could not be established.) I have confirmed that my username and password are correct. All of my other accounts which are Express Web Connect work fine. I have never gotten Fifth Third Bank which is direct connect to work in Quicken Mobile. Do you have any other suggestions?

• Thank you for your reply,

Since those troubleshooting steps did not correct the issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance, since they have access to tools that we on the Community can't access and they're able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance! 

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.