Interactive Brokers (IBKR) - OFX Error: 16503 (QMAC)

Occurring on Quicken Classic for Mac Version 7.9.1 (Build 709.54540.100) on macOS 14.6.1 (all up to date).

Interactive Brokers (IBKR) fails to update with Quicken using Direct Connect. Fails with OFX Error: 16503. I am using a correct/active Query ID and Token from Interactive Brokers. Failures started yesterday (9/9/24).

Comments

• brbebee33
    brbebee33 Member
    edited September 11

I have the same problem. Occurring on Quicken Classic for Mac Version 7.9.1 (Build 709.54540.100) on macOS 14.6.1 (all up to date). Interactive Brokers (IBKR) fails to update with Quicken using Direct Connect. Fails with OFX Error: 16503. I am using a correct/active Query ID and Token from Interactive Brokers. Failures started yesterday (9/9/24).

[Merged Post]

• robertito
    robertito Member ✭✭
    edited September 11

Same issue get error OFX 16503

Quicken for MAC latest version

[Merged Post]

• Hello @brbebee33,

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• NealGogol
    NealGogol Member ✭✭
    edited September 10

Agree the problem is widespread. I am having the same exact issue that started yesterday as well. Will not update.

Do we just give up on Quicken at this point?

A few months ago I remember having a similar problem with a different investment account…it took months for Quicken to resolve. Frustrating.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

I am having the same exact issue that started yesterday as well. Do we just give up on Quicken at this point?

@NealGogol If your expectation is for connectivity issues to be resolved in a day or less, then probably yes, you should give up on Quicken. Most times when there's a connectivity issue — almost always because the financial institution made some change, and now Quicken needs to report it to Intuit and Intuit has to chase down the problem and pursue a fix — it does not get fixed in a day or two. If that's something you can't live with, you should probably look for something else… although I suspect you'll find other platforms also have similar connectivity issues.

I'm not suggesting it's not frustrating; I'm only saying that fixes to broken connectivity usually take a while, typically weeks or even more than a month, depending on a number of factors. Sometimes you get lucky, and there's a simple and quick fix, but it typically takes longer.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hello All,

Please let me know once you have submitted logs using my previous instructions.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• robertito
    robertito Member ✭✭

I just spoke to the Online support at Interactive Brokers.

He confirmed that the issue is with them and that they are working to solve the problem.

• Joe Klevorn
    Joe Klevorn Member ✭✭✭

Same issue with IB downloading transactions using a Windows 11 Home PC. Quicken Deluxe R58.14. Started yesterday 9/10/24. Receive error message "unable to connect". Submitted error report but my data file is too large to include a sanitized version.

• Hello All,

Who is still experiencing issues with Interactive Brokers?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine