removing unaccounted shares on mac not working

Ram0516
Ram0516 Member

I have a stock downloaded from Schwab, based on the history i see two transactions on Schwab- add 883.4 shares and then removed the same number, it's a kind of internal transfer (see the screenshot), Quicken added those number of shares but didn't see another transaction for removal shares. so I manually added a removal transaction on Quicken but still shows the same number, basically it's not working, still shows the double the number of actual shares (1766.8).

Comments

• Hello @Ram0516,

First, would you mind scrolling to the bottom of the register to check for a placeholder?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Hi Jasmine,

I could not find any place holder, here is the details of the stock, the total total number of shares doesn't change even after deleting the last item (can be done on the transaction, but no effect!), see the screenshot below:

• Thank you for your reply,

To clarify, that screenshot looks like it's from the Transaction History on the Security Detail screen. Is that correct? If you have any Placeholder transactions, they'd generally look similar to these sample images from the portfolio tab and transactions tab respectively:

Are you seeing any entries like that in your Quicken for that security?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Kristina,

I don't have any place holder but If i delete the following transaction, i will show up a placeholder like you mentioned, see the screenshots below.

This is a placeholder after deleted the above transaction, see the screenshot below

Does deleting the placeholder that shows up correct the issue, or are you still seeing the incorrect number of shares?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Ram0516
    Ram0516 Member
    edited September 16

If I delete the transaction, it will remove the placeholder but it doesn't change the number of shares, still shows the same incorrect number, the total number of shares can't be modified (it should be half of the number!). If I were to remove the last item of 883.4 shares, it would correct the issue including the number of shares and market value.

To clarify, you're stuck in a loop where removing the transaction or the placeholder that appears when the transaction is deleted fails to remove the extra shares? Is that bottom transaction (in your screenshot) automatically appearing after you try to delete it? If so, what triggers it to re-appear (for instance, is it redownloading when you update your accounts, coming back when you delete the placeholder, etc.)?

You mentioned this was kind of an internal transfer; does the other half of that transfer reflect anywhere in your Quicken file?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Thanks for following up. It looks like a complicated technical DB issue unable explain it here, I think it's happened during the migration from TD Ameritrade to C Schab on 11/6/23. The other stocks counts are appear to be okay but this stock has problem reporting of double the quantity in terms number and market value. If you facilitate a phone call would be helpful to discuss further.

• Ram0516
    Ram0516 Member
    edited September 17

Update: I called Quicken support and the issue was corrected by adding a transaction to remove the excess number of shares. I did the same thing it didn't change the count at that time, the only difference is the date I entered was a backdated one, it should be today's date rather than the actual date of the transaction as per the Charles Schwab (where the stock is held) transaction history.

• Thank you for the follow-up,

I'm glad to hear Support was able to help you resolve the issue!

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina