Link Asset account to loan account?

lindycorp
lindycorp Member ✭✭✭

Hi I created a loan account for an auto loan, attached to the lending service and all is good with that loan account. Am now creating the asset account. There does not appear to be any way for them to be linked - are they supposed to be linked? Or do they just both sit in the register to reflect an accurate net worth? If they are supposed to be linked — how is that done?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @lindycorp,

Unlike the Windows version, Quicken for Mac does not have any way for you to link a loan account to an asset account in your file. What are you trying to accomplish in your Quicken by linking the loan to the asset? For net worth calculations, just having the Asset account and the Loan account in your Quicken file should be sufficient. If it's for your own reference, to make it easier to tell which asset is associated with which loan, you can use the Notes section of the Account Settings window (click on the account to select it, then go to Accounts>Settings, and you'll see it on the Details tab).

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lindycorp
    lindycorp Member ✭✭✭

Had never used the feature much so was just wondering on the Mac side. Thanks that helps!

• Thank you for your reply,

I'm happy to help!

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.