Why doesn't Capital One sync with Quicken?

Nabuhay
Nabuhay Member ✭✭

This has been ongoing for quite some time. I'm using Windows 11. I end up having to look at my account in my browser and enter the data manually.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please provide more details.
    • What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken (R xx.xx or R x.x.x) are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release. You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    • US, Canadian or other international version of Quicken?
    • Is your subscription still active? Or is it expired?
    • What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    • What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    • What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    • What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    • How frequently do you download using One Step Update or "Update Now"?
    • Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update (Mac: update all accounts) from your desktop/laptop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    • What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Nabuhay,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What exactly is the issue that you are experiencing with Capital One? Is it regarding adding accounts or downloading transactions? When did this issue begin?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't One Step Update with my CapOne credit cards, but I do use the Web Connect .QFX file downloads and they work just fine for import into Quicken, so no need to enter by typing in manually.

We still need to know the information requested by @UKR to help you further, just letting you know what does work for me.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Nabuhay
    Nabuhay Member ✭✭

The issue has been going on for more than a couple weeks. I've put off trying to get help. Quicken won't automatically download translations when I attempt to do so. Every other account is successfully downloaded.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭

@Nabuhay Have you tried Resetting the account? If that doesn't resolve the issue, next try Deactivating and Reactivating the account.

• Nabuhay
    Nabuhay Member ✭✭

Answers to @UKR

• STARTER newest edition is R58.14? What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken (R xx.xx or R x.x.x) are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release. You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken Subscription version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.

• US version - US, Canadian or other international version of Quicken?

• ACTIVE - (for many years!) Is your subscription still active? Or is it expired?

• WINDOWS 11 What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

• One Step Update shows codes CC-506 and CC 800 (no, i haven't changed any nickname or closed any accounts. What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?

• CAPITAL ONE What bank(s) are you having issues with?

• CREDIT and Savings What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?

• SEVERAL TIMES A WEEK How frequently do you download using One Step Update or "Update Now"?

• The problem occurs when using "One Step Update" from my laptop. Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update (Mac: update all accounts) from your desktop/laptop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?

• QUICKEN PROGAM TELLS ME TO RESET ACCOUNT - I do this, but it doesn't help. What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for responding.
    There are a number of "Capital One" financial institution names registered in Quicken. Which one are you using?

For my connections, a credit card and a savings account, "Capital One 360" is working fine.
    Which one exactly are you using?
    If you're using one of the other available choices, I would try deactivating both your Capital One accounts and then, using Tools / Add Account try to activate both of them using "Capital One 360" as the Financial Institution Name. Be sure to correctly LINK each of the accounts to their already existing registers.

Before you do that, however, I recommend you do the following first:
    - Backup your Quicken data file
    - Make a note of the amount in the Opening Balance transaction (usually the first, oldest transaction in each register). Edit the transaction and put the amount into the Memo field for future reference.
    During account activation Quicken appears to be in the bad habit of messing up that amount, thus causing problems with the running balance and reconciliation. If it does, just edit the Opening Balance transaction and change the amount back to what it was originally. (Yes, I know, sigh! It's a bug and we're waiting for the programmers to fix it)

• Nabuhay
    Nabuhay Member ✭✭

I'll try that. Thanks all for your help.