Profit and Loss Report not working with IRS Schedule F

rmerrick
rmerrick Quicken Windows Subscription Member
edited 9:22AM in Reports (Windows)

I recently converted my accounting records from QuickBooks Online to Quicken. So, I'm a new-be at this. One of the companies that I own is a commercial Bamboo Farm (agriculture). While setting up the categories for this company I learned that using the proper IRS schedule is not allowed for some reports.

With the help of the kind people of Quicken Support, we discovered that a profit and loss statement retrieved no categories if they were setup for Schedule F reporting. We also found a work-a-round by running a tax schedule report. This report returned the expected results, and I can export to Excel to quickly format the information in a profit and loss report.

I am writing as requested by the Quicken Support persons asked me to request a fix to this seemingly erroneous omission. Maybe one of you experts can point-out something I'm doing wrong, and the code is not missing anything. Thanks much. Glad to be part of the community.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Click on the three dots up there to the right of your "headline" and change this from a discussion to an idea. That will garner some attention from the Quicken developers.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited 9:24AM

Hello @rmerrick,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I converted this thread back to a discussion because I'm reporting the issue as a bug.

This bug has been confirmed internally and I have gone ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.