BindContent.Exe preventing Quicken from running

13»

Answers

• drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭

This is getting really annoying already. Great product support! My sarcasm.

• drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭

Nothing today……

• drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭

anyone have any luck with getting the bind connect issue resolved?

• James Ryan
    James Ryan Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

As I said a few messages ago, I was able to use Time Machine to go back to a version prior to the update and everything is working fine.

• drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭

I tried that and it’s still not working. Let me try it again with the walk around. I have to reinstall quicken again to see if it works. Just wish they would resolve the issue.

• drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭

I am sorry which update are you referring to ? Quicken or the Mac OS ?

• Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Drock, I installed this morning's update and was able to successfully link and download Citi's activity. NO change in the BindContent issue but at least this has been resolved.

• drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭

Hey thanks for the update. I went back to a previous snapshot and got it working. I didn’t realize there was a quicken update today.

• Jack's iMac

I got a popup notification this morning.

• drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭

oh will have to go back in and check.

• drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭

what version of quicken do you have? I checked for updates but none were available. Will check which version or update I have in the am

• Jack's iMac

R59.10

• drockmkaer .
    drockmkaer . Member ✭✭

I have R53.32. I think they are rolling that one out slowly

• LocoMoco10
    LocoMoco10 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited October 9

More ancillary info:

• Running Quicken Classic Premier vR59.10, build 27.1.59.10
    • Windows 11 v23H2, build 22631.4317
    • Parallels Desktop Pro v20.0.1 build 55659
    • Just installed all this on recently purchased MacBook Air (M3), MacOS 14.6.1

I clicked NO on the BindContent question.

• Program seems to be running mostly fine after 5 minutes of testing.
    • Doesn't seem to remember to open the last quicken file I used. Have to manually open quicken file.
    • As others have stated, I have to re-login into my Quicken.com account when updating transactions.
    • I tried using the Mac version of Quicken but it seems to be missing features that Windows version has. This forced me to use the Parallels/Windows version of Quicken. I wish the 2 Quicken platforms were feature equivalent…

• AzQuickenNab
    AzQuickenNab Quicken Windows Other Member
    edited October 20

Don't see a reply option to reply a particular post. so here goes to 2 fixes I've found, one a workaround another a accidental complete fix.

Fix workaround #1

Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭September 22

I guess I should have been more specific. The workaround is in the 2nd post in that thread, not in the 1st post. The 2nd post says:

I got around the BindContent problem by renaming the BindContent.exe file to BindContent.exe.old in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken

If Quicken can't find the program, it ignores it.

Tried this, clicking on NO in Bindcontrol.exe dialog box was only way to get quiken to run, renamed BindContent.exe file, ran quicken, program started and then would not open data document, had to manually open my document data file. Repeatable , sorta a fix.

#2 Complete fix: (for me, don't try unless your brave, or stupid fat fingered like me)

So I was working on configuring my Windows 11.pvm in parallels on my Macbook Air 15", and believe it or not accidentally deleted the windows pvm file. Ooooops !

My gosh another 1 to 2 days recreating a windows pvm ?, Nope

I was at the time NOT having the bindcontrol.exe issues on my Imac m3.

Fiirst I copied the .pvm I had on my desktop Imac M3 over wi-fi (or direct thunderbolt cable, or ethernet?) from my desktop to the parallels folder that usually contains the pvm files on my Macbook Air, and then copied the parallels windows application folder to my Macbook Air. Then redownloaded windows 11 and installed it. This allowed the parallels control center to show the windows .pvm , and allowed me to run windows 11 in parallel's.

I was really experimenting with this idea.

Believe it or not it worked, not only did I solve the bindcontrol.exe issue with quicken but also managed to get windows 11 on my macbook air back up and running without 2 days of reconfiguring and reinstalling applications. Just a few tweaks to some programs to get them configured correctly. Most the windows programs on my Imac m3 are the same on my laptop.

So now quiken running without bindcontrol.exe error and opens data document, i.e. running just fine.

Now I have no idea why the working quicken on the Imac M3 desktop didn't crash, but sure found a way to get windows 11 up and running on my macbook air M3 and without all the work to configure it again.

Needless to say I plan to backup my macbook air M3 right away, and will refrain from updating quicken on either machine to a newer version until I hear quicken has fixed the bindcontrol.exe error.

AZquikennaber

• ifunlisted
    ifunlisted Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Does this mean it's more of a Quicken/Parallels issue than a Quicken/Windows issue? It sure seems like a long time for the programmers to figure this out.

• Jack's iMac

I believe that all reports involve Parallels.