Manual backup checkboxes to add date and also add time no longer sticky

LexLuther
LexLuther Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Each time I am presented the dialog for manual backup on exit, I now must check the options to add date and time. These checkboxes used to be sticky so that once you set them, they were selected on manual backups going forward until changed. Now they must be checked each time.

Windows Build 27.1.59.6 currently but I this behaviour changed around July.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @LexLuther,

I have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, I request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached to contribute to the investigation.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @LexLuther,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• LexLuther

Yes, and now on 27.1.59.10. It is trivial to reproduce this problem. Did you think it got fixed?

I submitted a problem report in September as you suggested but never got any response.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, my expereince is that the Add Date checkbox is sticky. However, the add time checkbox is not sticky (could be by design??)

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @LexLuther,

Please keep in mind that you will not receive a response when submitting problem reports. Would you mind submitting a new one and letting me know once you have done so? Problem reports are only usable within the first 48 hours.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• nmestanas
    nmestanas Member ✭✭✭

Odd. I'm also on 59.10 and my checkboxes stick. I was having problems with the manual backup reminder that cleared once I did a full uninstall, delete orphaned folders and registry keys, reboot, reinstall and restore my qdata file. My manual back reminders and "sticky" checkboxes have worked fine since then. I've been through several updates since then and they still work.

Not suggesting you do the uninstall/reinstall, just saying there's something else going on since the issue itself is inconsistent.

• LexLuther

OK, I've just submitted a new problem report. However, in the course of trying to get a screenshot to send, I discovered that the behavior in File/manual backup is different from manual backup upon exit. Once I checked the two boxes in File/manual backup, they remained check in the backup upon exit dialog. This may explain why different ones in this thread see different behaviors.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @LexLuther,

Thank you for providing more information and for submitting a new problem report! Please let me know if you find out any more information regarding this issue so that I may add this in my report.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @LexLuther,

This issue has been reported for further investigation. There is currently no ETA.

Thanks!

(CBT-412)

-Quicken Jasmine