Added New Online Backup - but not Active when attempt a backup

shardey
shardey Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I ordered and paid to add the new backup online feature when presented today. That went through successfully and shows in my Quicken account as part of my subscription. However, when in Quicken Classic it doesn't appear as active anywhere. Still says learn more everywhere rahter than ready for use. I rebooted and restarted Quicken for PC to see if that might work, but still acts as though it's an available option to order rather than already subscribed to it….

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @cpetro,

Please try logging out of your Quicken, then logging back in. That should correct the issue.

To logout of Quicken for Windows, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Then, click the Sign in as a different user link.

In the confirmation window that comes up, please type "yes" into the textbox, then click the Sign Out button. Once it finishes logging you out, the program should bring you back to the login screen. Once you're logged back in, Quicken should recognize that you're subscribed to Online Backup.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Chuck Owens
    Chuck Owens Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

i had same issue earlier today - they had me sign out of my account and resign back in and it started working - but I still can't fully back up - gets to 80-90% and shuts down.

• Chuck Owens
    Chuck Owens Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

from within quicken - go to edit - preferences - Quicken ID and Cloud accounts. Sign in as different user (put your same user/password to log in).

• shardey
    edited September 30

Thanks Chuck. Your suggestion got me past the first hurdle so I was able to Manage Preferences and schedule the online backup. I decided to create an online backup now which made it a few % before completing crashing Quicken! I tried it again and now it crashes immediately! Not a great start to the new feature at $1.99 per month, but hopefully they'll figure out the issue(s) quickly. Quicken did generate and have me send along a crash report so hoping that helps them figure out the problem.

Another funny aside… when I logged back into my account, my Home Dashboard screen Net Worth section came up in some unknown denomination. My net worth was in the 63,000,000,000,000 range! Thought I had won the Quicken online backup lottery! My background was software so I have a bit more tolerance than most for these new feature bugaboos!🤑😂😮🤠

Ugh… now one-step update seems to be stuck in an endless loop and not responding. Good thing I did a local backup of my Quicken data before attempting the online backup.

• lmcgin6795
    lmcgin6795 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I am having the same problem. I used your suggestion and signed out and back into my account. The online back up option is now available but when I try, I get "unable to open source file" A manual copy from the same screen works fine.

• thebenskys
    thebenskys Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

I have similar problems - signed up, paid and then nothing.

Is this another Quicken feature announced but not-quite-ready-for-prime time? Any suggestions of how long I should wait for the bugs to be fixed before I try again?

• shardey

I’ll likely not try an online backup until Quicken sends an announcement of the issue and a release with a fix. If it goes on for a while, I’ll ask for a refund for the time it was unusable. I’m not sure if Quicken folks monitor the community but would love to see an acknowledgment of it being worked on.

• gshoyhet
    gshoyhet Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Thanks Chuck! It works for me. And for everybody - when running the Online Backup - wait till the running circle on the top title bar of the Quicken stops and the message shown that the backup done successfully shown.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator admin

Hi All, are you still experiencing this issue? Please let me know. Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• cpetro
    cpetro Member ✭✭✭

I purchased the online backup earlier today and my Quicken file still does not show it. It's still showing the option to purchase it.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓

Hello @cpetro,

Please try logging out of your Quicken, then logging back in. That should correct the issue.

To logout of Quicken for Windows, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Then, click the Sign in as a different user link.

In the confirmation window that comes up, please type "yes" into the textbox, then click the Sign Out button. Once it finishes logging you out, the program should bring you back to the login screen. Once you're logged back in, Quicken should recognize that you're subscribed to Online Backup.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• shardey

I’ll try it again but yesterday after logging out and back in per Chuck’s suggestion and now yours, Quicken crashed 2x during the online backup process. Stay tuned.

• cpetro
    cpetro Member ✭✭✭

I followed your instructions, but am getting the same result - still does not show that I have online backup, which I purchased on 10/1/24.

• AKGma
    AKGma Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I purchased this new online backup option, but had the same experience as others that Quicken didn't register the change/option. Today, I found this advice. I was able to sign out and then back in….and then the option for online back up appeared in preferences/backup…and it worked perfectly.

• shardey

I was able to do my first online backup 2 days ago without it crashing. Yeah. I’ll schedule future ones and hope it continues to operate correctly. 🤞

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply @cpetro,

If you are still not seeing the option to use Online Backup, please follow these instructions from this FAQ on the Online Backup feature:

You will need to go to Help > Manage Your Subscription > Check Membership Status to enable the Online Backup service.

If the issue persists after following those directions, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as they have access to tools that we on the Community cannot access and they're able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina