Quicken Online Backup Option Not Showing in Quicken Classic for Windows

Glasswriter
Glasswriter Quicken Windows Subscription Member

My copy of Quicken Classic is at Version R59.6, Build 27.1.59.6. I just purchased Quicken Online Backup. When I go to Edit > Preferences > Backup, I do not see the Online Backup tab. I assume there is something else I need to do See uploaded image. There is no category option that covers this issue. I spent 30 minutes figuring out what category to select.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @Glasswriter,

If you have already subscribed to Quicken Online Backup, and your Quicken program isn't recognizing that fact, then please try logging out of your Quicken, then logging back in. That should correct the issue.

To logout of Quicken for Windows, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Then, click the Sign in as a different user link.

In the confirmation window that comes up, please type "yes" into the textbox, then click the Sign Out button. Once it finishes logging you out, the program should bring you back to the login screen. Once you're logged back in, Quicken should recognize that you're subscribed to Online Backup.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• kathleenmcgrogan
    kathleenmcgrogan Quicken Windows Subscription Member

When I look under "Help" and "What's new in Quicken" I get this:

Automatic online backup, built right into Quicken

Introducing Quicken Online Backup, the easiest way to make sure you never lose your data. Get started

And the "Get Started" tab doesn't go anywhere! :-(

• kathleenmcgrogan
    kathleenmcgrogan Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Great — it worked when I clicked the link on this blog! Go figure!

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you go through the Get started process and sign up for Online backup?

Do you see the little cloud icon near the right of the Quicken title bar at the top of your screen? Try clicking on that.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @Glasswriter,

If you have already subscribed to Quicken Online Backup, and your Quicken program isn't recognizing that fact, then please try logging out of your Quicken, then logging back in. That should correct the issue.

To logout of Quicken for Windows, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Then, click the Sign in as a different user link.

In the confirmation window that comes up, please type "yes" into the textbox, then click the Sign Out button. Once it finishes logging you out, the program should bring you back to the login screen. Once you're logged back in, Quicken should recognize that you're subscribed to Online Backup.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Submariner
    Submariner Quicken Windows Subscription Member

This worked for me. Once I logged out and back in, the online options appeared everywhere the local backup settings and options were.

• ddeveaux
    ddeveaux Member ✭✭

They need to fix basic things like Bills updating and Bank sync vs new paid features.