Online backup starts but does not finish?

thebenskys
thebenskys Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

I signed up for the new online backup service a week ago. Now I finally have online backup as an option in the backup screen. However, when I try to backup online, I get a quick popup screen about initializing the backup with "preparing to upload" in blue in the popup - and then the popup disappears. I get nothing after that, despite waiting for some time.

Please advise

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

After the Online Backup service was announced I was still running R58.9. The Online Backup service was not supposed to be released until R59.6 so I thought it odd that my R58.9 installation would give me the option to set up Online Backup. But I clicked on the setup and I got the very same results you described.

Have you updated to R59.6 (or R59.10)? Does Help > About Quicken show that you are running R59.6 or R59.10?

If you did update to R59.6 (or R59.10) but About Quicken shows something else, it could be that your Quicken installation needs to be refreshed so the new version is reflected there. It is a very simple process: Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > Yes > Sign Out > when prompted sign back in using your current Quicken ID and PW. This will have no adverse impact on your accounts in Quicken, nor on any online services you have already set up.

Even if About Quicken shows you are running R59.6 (or R59.10), you might still want to try signing out and signing back in via this process.

If, you have not updated to R59.6 (or R59.10), you will need to do that before the Online Backup service can be fully implemented.

Let me know if that resolved the issue for you.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @thebenskys,

To assist with this issue, I checked on our end. Our system is showing that the online backups have successfully uploaded. Are you able to see them in your Quicken?

You should be able to view them by clicking the cloud icon, then selecting View/Restore Backups…

When the window comes up, you should be able to see all backups for your file. If you have more than one file, you can use the dropdown to view backups for your other files.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• thebenskys

I did update to 59.10 before this problem. Now trying online backup works for two of my files. When I try it on the third file the online backup pops up and then the program crashes. I have reported this and the software engineer who replied wants a sanitized file. Quicken "help" says that should be an option in the "Help" column on the screen - but not in my program. "Jeremy" in the chat told me to validate, minimize the Datatxt file, log out and log back in, then refresh the cloud account, then validate again - and I would then have the sanitize option - but I do not. The "report a problem" allowed me to upload (to where I do not know) a sanitized file. Interestingly the "report a problem" offers a dozen already-checked additional files - but when I try to report the program says ten files is the limit, and then closes - I have to start all over.

Pardon for the long comment, but I thought chapter-and-verse might be useful.

Any idea where I can find, or how I can create, a sanitized file that I can upload?

• thebenskys

OOPS - I just saw in another thread that "Sanitize" is an option after clicking on "Contact Quicken Support." I tried it and it works. Wonder why "Jeremy" in the chat didn't just tell me that? I'm sending the file to Quicken software engineering now.

• thebenskys

Kristina, you are right; the backups are there.

However, the program still crashes when I do an online backup.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

I can see that you've already reported the issue with crashing during Online Backup to Support, and that an escalated team is working on the ticket. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-11074)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.