Savings Goal Accounts Issue

JTClark
JTClark Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I've been using SGAs for years and find the very helpful for the way I do business. When I tried to use one of my SGAs today, there was no icon for withdrawing money from or adding money to the account. I have no idea what has happened. Need some help, please. Here's a screen shot of what I see:

[Edit - Removed Personal Information]

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use that function … but for some reason I didn't think that they appeared on the Web. I thought they only showed up in the desktop product.

Which would make sense since QWeb gets it's data from your banks, and SGAs are an artificial construct of the desktop product.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JTClark

Thanks, but they have been on the web version for as long as I have used it — except for today.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @JTClark,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Where are you seeing this in Quicken on the Web? Is the screenshot from Quicken on the Web, or is it from the Savings Goals tab under Planning in Quicken for Windows?

If the contribute and withdraw icons went missing in program, I'd recommend manually reinstalling the latest patch. This article provides instructions on how to do that and the link to download the patch:

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JTClark

I think that I misspoke - I'm actually using the subscription version of Quicken Classic Deluxe, Ver 59.1, Build 27.1.59.10. I just installed the latest patch, per your recommendation. It made no difference to the issue.

I'm seeing the SGA screen shot when I try to add/remove cash from one of my SGA accounts.

Thanks for your assistance. Is there any more info that I can give you?

• JTClark

I forgot to answer your question about where I saw the SGA error — It is from the Savings Goals tab under Planning in Quicken for Windows.

• JTClark

I think I may have found what is causing the problem. I was trying to increase the font size on my Account List and I went to View, then Use Large Fonts. I unchecked it and now the proper info for Savings Goal Accounts are showing properly. However, I need the font size on the Account List to be larger and I don't know how to do that.

Thanks for all your support.☺️

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue with the Savings Goals not giving the option to contribute/withdraw!

Unfortunately, unlike the register, the Account List doesn't have any controls to change the font size (aside from using Large Fonts). If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend adding your vote to this Idea post that's requesting that functionality be added. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in the future!

There are some Windows settings that may help, please see this earlier post:

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.