Vanguard web connect not importing properly

fpsiv
fpsiv Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I've used web connect (D/L .qfx file) w/Vanguard for years w/o issue. Typically generate .qfx files with the 'each fund into a separate account' option and a 3-month lookback. Starting late August / early September importing the .qfx file content into Quicken does not behave as expected. Instead of importing the transactions into the proper accounts to review/accept the following occurs:

Presented with 'Import Downloaded Transactions' dialog box with the option to 'Create a new account' or 'Link to existing account' (this is new behavior - or at least new since the accounts were set up in Quicken years ago).

Forging ahead anyway, the interface cycles through both accounts in the .qfx file and I select the correct existing account in Quicken to link to each time.

At this point the 'Matching Security' dialog appears multiple times - the suggested matching securities always appear to be correct but the resulting entries in the 'Downloaded Transactions' table are mostly 'Unidentified Security'.

The import stops after processing the transactions for the first account in the .qfx file - never progresses to the second account. 

I have tried restoring a backup from 3+ months ago as a test, but the same scenario plays out. Seems to implicate either a recent Quicken software update, or some change to how Vanguard is generating the .qfx files. The Vanguard web interface for creating the .qfx files did change in roughly this time period but I haven't found anything obvious in the .qfx content.

Thanks!

-Frank

Quicken Classic/Windows

R59.18/27.1.59.18