Feature request: Track automobile mileage using the mobile app. (10 Legacy Votes)

Options
Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Ideas for Mobile
Feature request: Track automobile mileage using the mobile app. Quicken Business and Quicken Rental has the feature to track automobile business mileage. So, it would be great if that data could be entered in the mobile app and synced with the desktop app.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: List of Requests for Quicken Mobile Features.
9 votes

Planned · Last Updated

This request has been accepted by the Development team for future implementation. However, there is no ETA on when this will be available. UTA-10

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

The Quicken Business or Quicken Rental Version has the ability to input mileage for business "trips". At the end of the year, it totals the mileage and keeps a record of each trip. Then you transfer that data to Turbotax for the tax deduction. It's a nice idea, but not very practical because often you don't have access to your PC when you have a deductible business "trip". Since Quicken Mobile is on your mobile phone, it would be very valuable to be able to be able to enter your trips in Quicken Mobile that then syncs the Data to your Quicken Desktop.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I agree that mileage is the kind of thing that should be trackable from mobile. I would love to see aggressive development of 21st century mobile app capabilities into QMobile. Just to name a few off the top of my head, I would like to see QMobile be able (when given the appropriate permissions and opt in) to read the recent travel history from Android Auto or equivalent and help me break it out into trip segments, and assign a category to each segment, then link it to fuel purchases, toll payments, meals etc. from Quicken data. I would like some voice activated thing like Android Auto or some form of Alexa or Siri listen to me say that I just paid a toll and have it ask me how much it was, whether I paid by cash or electronically (eg E-Z Pass) and what category to use. I would like to be able to flag a couple, or couple dozen of my categories as candidates for categorizing travel expenses so that in the dialogues described above it could list the categories and have me choose one. I would like to see some summary of unpaid bills and uncategorized expenses and projected budget variences show up in the to-do app. And I'm sure that there is some valuable integration with the calendar service but I cannot put my finger on it right now. I am not trying to create voteable ideas for all of these things right now. I am trying to kickstart a conversation about what financial events happen to you when you are away from your computer and how QMobile can help and what integration with other apps could make a huge difference to your use of QMobile.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    C'mon Intuit, you obviously know the value of mileage tracking in an app as you have it for free in QuickBooks Self Employed. Why not include it for Quicken Home and Business users??
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

C'mon Intuit, you obviously know the value of mileage tracking in an app as you have it for free in QuickBooks Self Employed. Why not include it for Quicken Home and Business users??

Intuit doesn't own Quicken any more since about 2 years ago.  The current company name is Quicken Inc.
  • System
    System Member admin
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: List of Requests for Quicken Mobile Features (34 Legacy Votes).
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Why not include it for Quicken Home and Business users?? "
    The Q Mobile app is, currently, the same for all users.  What you're requesting would require a separate app ... when they're having enough problems getting the current app to work properly.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Planned as it has been accepted by our Product and Development team for future implementation. However, we do not have an ETA available.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RHackett
    RHackett Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Add the Mileage Tracker , this will ease the time to track mileage for tax purposes vs re entering data to desktop

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's data entry vs. data entry. Why is input to the Mobile any easier?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @RHackett,

Your idea has been merged into this already active Idea thread regarding the same request which is also currently marked as Planned.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.