Download Quicken for Mac 2006 for OSX Tiger (10.4)

Anyone have access to quicken for mac for osx tiger 10.4? I am trying to upgrade from 2004 to 2017, but the version of 2006 customer support gave me does not appear to work with tiger.

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    What specific version did they give you?

And BTW, when did you get QM2006 from them?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    2006R6 and 2006R7

Last night.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

2006R6 and 2006R7

Last night.

Hmmm. according to docs it should be compatible with as far back as 10.2.8 but it is possible that Quicken quietly updated the minimum requirements without updating their documentation. You may need to try to get QM2005 from them.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

2006R6 and 2006R7

Last night.

Looks like I am mistaken. It seems somehow the file was corrupted copying to the emulator I have running for tiger. I re-downloaded the file directly to the emulator and it runs, however it cannot open the quicken file from 2004... Maybe same thing happened with that file.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Ok, Finally have the file loaded in quicken for mac 2006. Backed it up, and how I cannot load the file into 2017. I have also tried to import it into 2007. It just says could not load file. 

Is there a special way you have to export the file from 2006?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

Ok, Finally have the file loaded in quicken for mac 2006. Backed it up, and how I cannot load the file into 2017. I have also tried to import it into 2007. It just says could not load file. 

No special way. Simple do File>New and select to start with a Quicken 2007 file (2005 to 2007 are the same data file structure). 

Do you get an error message? If so , what is it?

Are you able to open your 2004 data file in QM2004? If so, I would troubleshoot that data file in QM2004. Try re-indexing it first. See this article:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-data-file-problems-quicken-mac-2007

NOTE: Be sure to have backups before you start.

BTW, curious...are you running Tiger in an emulator? If so, what are you using? 

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

Reindexing didn't help. I am on chat with support. Looks like they are going to give me 2015 to try that. 

Yea, I am emulating tiger. Major pain. I tried pearpc and 

Qemu works well. Here is a tutorial
    http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/ppc-osx-on-qemu-for-osx

I got the install cds for tiger from this awesome site.
    http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/mac-osx-mac-os-10-ppc
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

Finally got it imported. Similar to the other guy's post I had to save a copy from more recent years. I had data going back to 1999. So, I only exported 2008 - 2017 and it imported fine. 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Are they giving you QM2015 or QM2005?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

Quicken 2015, 2016 and 2017 all use basically the same method to import Quicken 2007 (and 2006) files, so I wouldn't expect 2015 to import something that 2017 can't.

You might try asking Quicken Support to give you a copy of Quicken 2007/Lion Compatible. This version of Quicken runs on all the modern Mac operating systems, right up through Sierra. If your file opens okay in Quicken 2007, and you can successfully sort it, run reports on old data, etc., it *should* import smoothly into Quicken 2017. This approach would at least let you ditch the emulator which is a variable none of us here (and no one at Quicken Support) can test with.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

QM2015. She eventually gave up and told me it couldn't be done. I also requested QM2007 for Lion and she told me she didn't have that... 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

Have you tried the other approaches like doing a Save A Copy function? This will clean-up internal stuff in the data file and if there is a problem it is one way to detect it.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

They do have QM2007 LC...Other users have been able to get it very recently. BUT that will not help you as it cannot read QM2004 data files.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

I have it converted to 2006. I did try a save a copy function too. My next try will be to cut off some of the earlier years like you suggested in another post.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

Are you getting error messages? What is not working?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

Importing into 2017 and 2015 shows errors. 
    "An error occurred while preparing the file to be imported."
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    styks1987 said:

Interesting....sound like a memory-like error...

Note that you can import multiple QM2007 files into a single QM2016 file. I wonder if it would allow you to import 1999 to 2008.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    styks1987 said:

Can someone tell me where they found a Quicken for MAC 2006 download?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    styks1987 said:

A long time ago, Quicken took down the link that used to make this available. If you do not have a backup, you may also try to find QM2007...but it must be v 16.0.x, NOT the LC version, v16.1.x or higher, as that requires Mac OS 10.6.8 or higher to run.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

This discussion has been closed.