Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (213 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

With Outlook 2016 for Mac being close to feature parity with Outlook for Windows, not having Quicken Home & Business for Mac is the last thing keeping my dad from switching to Mac. Were Home and Business to be released, and be mostly feature parity early on, I suspect he would switch immediately.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

Yes, yes, yes! Quicken for Home & Business for Mac is a must!!!  Thanks
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I do not expect everyone to have the result I have had but I discovered that Quicken 2017 for the Mac will let me drop Quicken for Windows.  I have been running Fusion on my Mac just to have Home and Business so I could get P & L reports.  I was discussing an issue with tech support and I expressed my frustration with having to run Windows for Quicken H & B.  He showed me how I could get the report I needed in Q2017 for the Mac!!  It works for me.  I am free of the PC.  You may want to call tech support with specific needs and see what happens.  Good luck!

Does Quicken 2017 for the Mac import all of your Quicken Home & Business Windows accounts?
  • Rod Scherencel
    Rod Scherencel Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I do not expect everyone to have the result I have had but I discovered that Quicken 2017 for the Mac will let me drop Quicken for Windows.  I have been running Fusion on my Mac just to have Home and Business so I could get P & L reports.  I was discussing an issue with tech support and I expressed my frustration with having to run Windows for Quicken H & B.  He showed me how I could get the report I needed in Q2017 for the Mac!!  It works for me.  I am free of the PC.  You may want to call tech support with specific needs and see what happens.  Good luck!

No. Not anywhere near so.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I would love to have a MAC erosion of the Home and Business!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

My quicken just stopped working on my mac.   Is there anything out there that will work on Mac?
    Am tired of fighting to try and get it to function 
    Thanks, 
    Anna M. 

If they were to create an online version of Quicken Home and Business, I would sign up for that.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

My quicken just stopped working on my mac.   Is there anything out there that will work on Mac?
    Thanks, 
    Anna M. 

Are you sure about that? That would make it far more a SaaS. See the implications of the subscription-based model they rolled out for QW2017 for Canada and are planning for all other versions. A summary of all the issues discussed has been captured here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-inc-should-reverse-its-decision-to-chang...

Another issue added to this list includes: being forced to upgrade your OS or hardware. See more details here: 
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-inc-should-reverse-its-decision-to-chang...

If you have a concern about this, you can add your VOTE at top of the page of the link provided. Your VOTE matters!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    For those who might be interested in providing feedback, take a look a this invitation:
    Are you a Quicken Home and Business or Rental Property Manager user? Help us improve!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes, Quicken Home and Business for Mac would absolutely be welcome.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I would like H&B features. Especially ability to set up an invoice and calculate sales tax, then credit payments against the invoice as they come in.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Good God. PLEASE. Mac version, please.
  • James B. Silverman
    James B. Silverman Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    A as CPA using a Mac and VMWare to run windows, Having comparable versions of Quicken for both platforms is integral. More and more small business users are switching. I have been a ß tester in the past (Hi Tamara) and feel the market can accommodate the Mac version. Go Quicken!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I have used the PC version for over 10 years.  My daughter is a Mac person, I recommended Home and Office to her but was disappointed when I found out you don't have it for the Mac.  Please work on it!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    I have read all the above comments and am rather disheartened.  I was a dedicated Quicken user for years on a PC, swtiched to Mac about 5 years ago and have never found the Mac Quicken product to be anywhere near what I had on Windows.  I can't limp along anymore, sorry Quicken.  I will have to look elsewhere to see if I can find something suitable for a Mac platform to meet my Home and Business needs.  I really am truly sorry, when they come out with a Home & Business that works like Windows, if I'm not too heavlly invested in something else, I'll consider coming back but I can't keep waiting.  I've talked to the folks at QuickBooks too, they only want to sell me something I don't need.  I feel like I keep trying to make a bad relationship work and I'm tired. I think I'll be moving on. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I have read all the above comments and am rather disheartened.  I was a dedicated Quicken user for years on a PC, swtiched to Mac about 5 years ago and have never found the Mac Quicken product to be anywhere near what I had on Windows.  I can't limp along anymore, sorry Quicken.  I will have to look elsewhere to see if I can find something suitable for a Mac platform to meet my Home and Business needs.  I really am truly sorry, when they come out with a Home & Business that works like Windows, if I'm not too heavlly invested in something else, I'll consider coming back but I can't keep waiting.  I've talked to the folks at QuickBooks too, they only want to sell me something I don't need.  I feel like I keep trying to make a bad relationship work and I'm tired. I think I'll be moving on. 

You do know that you can run Quicken Windows on your Mac using a virtual machine?

I do that with Parallels and a version of Windows (I have Win7 and Win10 virtual partitions).

Quicken 2017 Home and Business runs just like it does on a PC.

It's not a glamorous solution, but it does work very well.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

If you really move on and you find something that works for your Mac, I would really like to know.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Absolutely! I have been using Quicken for decades. I use my Mac for almost everything. But I really need Quicken Home and Business for Mac so I can finally get rid of my PC!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes, I need Home & Business for my MAC as well. I'm switching over to a MAC now and H&B is the only program that I still need a windows machine for.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

My God, yes of course - this is a no brainer. Mac is growing at a much faster pace than the PC market. It's extremely frustrating to have to run Windows on my iMac just to have the privledge to run Quicken Home and Business. I'm amazed this is even up for debate....
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks, 
    Anna M. 

Yes please! ready to go with another program for Mac even though it is painful. Please develop a Home and Business for Mac!!!!!!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Problem is that there are 70 followers of this thread so far BUT only 56 VOTES counted. This means that many have added the comments for this version BUT have NOT added their vote. 

How can you tell? Scroll to the top of this page. If the top-right says VOTE, you have not added your vote. Click on VOTE to make it count. Your VOTE matters!

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I have been Quicken user since the 80s. Been using the Quicken Home and Business for more than 20 years. Switched to Mac 15 years ago and have had to run VMWare Fusion for just running the Windows Home and Business. PLEASE come out with this for Mac. I teach business practices to workshops and college students regularly. While I recommend the Home and Business most of the students are on Mac. 

PLEASE come out with the Mac version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

PLEASE come out with this for the Mac!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

YES, EVERYONE NEEDS TO VOTE.....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

YES! You definitely need full-blown Quicken Home & Business for Mac. It's way overdue - and I believe is a huge missed market opportunity for your company. I'll be first in-line...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I am a Home and Business user since the 90s. I switched to MAC 10 years ago. Yet I have to maintain a PC laptop to my eternal consternation just to run Quicken Home & Business. Running it on a virtual PC on MAC is a friggin disaster since OS upgrades and the like disrupt access to the software on an annual basis. So I have to remain a partial slave to PC non-sense  just because you can't (or won't) migrate your software to the largest computer maker in the world. I've been begging you for a decade to make this switch. Obviously you won't. So I will finally be migrating all my accounting to a professional service. Thanks for your complete ineptitude in addressing market trends and needs, all of which will cost me and my business me untold thousands. You have a great product. But your lack of vision will be your ultimate demise. Best of luck. 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

For any interested, just a reminder as a work-around to consider using remote access so you can at least "run" everything via your Mac, as discussed in my post above here.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

PLEASE do a version of Quicken Home and Business for Macintosh!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019
    Please, please create a version of Quicken Home and Business for Mac.  I will keep my old PC just for quicken H & B but am changing everything else to my new Mac.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

PLEASE!!!!! Quicken is the only app I am running on virtual PC on MAC. I don't understand why they haven't made this for MAC with same functionality as windows.. Come on Quicken!!!