Q18 for Mac Reports- Edit columns

Erick
Erick Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I need to edit the columns in the Net Worth Report.  The report is useless to print the way it is. For example, I need to print out 12/15, 12/16 and 12/17 only, not 36 columns for the 36 month period.  I have QM18 5.4.4

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Yup, that's a problem alright. I suggest you submit that via menu Help > Report a Problem.

While we're waiting for Quicken to improve the Net Worth Report, I can offer a workaround:

1) Click in any white space on the report

2) Select All (Cmd-A) and Copy (Cmd-C)

3) Open an Excel or Numbers workbook and paste.

4) Delete the columns you don't want and print.

There will be a bit of additional cleanup of the workbook needed. You'll have to create a new 1st column and move the row (account) labels from above the months to their left.

I know it's a bit of a pain, but it will only really take a couple minutes.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Erick
    Erick Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It works.  But it is a real pain to do it.  Quicken 2018 should produce reports properly.  (At least as well as QM 07.)  Do the people working on Quicken know of this problem?  I just upgraded to 5.5.0 and they have not addressed the issue of reports.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Erick said:

It works.  But it is a real pain to do it.  Quicken 2018 should produce reports properly.  (At least as well as QM 07.)  Do the people working on Quicken know of this problem?  I just upgraded to 5.5.0 and they have not addressed the issue of reports.

Yes they are...you can read this post:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-2018-v5-5-x-released?topic-reply...

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Erick said:

They know reports, in general, are a real pain for many users, and they've stated they're working on significant enhancements. The 5.5 release didn't involve reports, but I'd still expect to see changes coming in future updates -- we just don't know when. They may release piecemeal updates to reports, as they've been doing over the past year, or perhaps they're working on a major revamp to push out at one time. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait and hope for the best.

Whether they know about this particular report issue is hard to say, so I'd recommend doing as @RickO suggested above to use the Report a Problem option under the Help menu in Quicken to explain what you can't do/need to do in their report. the more people they hear from, the more likely it is to move up on the priority list. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Erick said:

Yes, whenever possible, always use the "Report a Problem" feature, at least as an extra measure...

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Erick
    Erick Member ✭✭
    It is now March 2022 and Quicken is up to 6.6.0 and the ability to edit columns still does not exist. So I am still running Mojove as I cannot update because Quicken 2007 is the only way to get decent reports. PLease, please add the ability to edit columns. It was so easy in Quicken 2007.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Erick I'm trying to understand what exactly you are wanting to do which you cannot. The Net Worth by Year report, set for the three-year range you want, produces annual columns without intervening months:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.