can no longer click on report amounts and be taken to the corresponding transaction???

i just upgraded from Q2007 for Mac and when i create a report i can no longer double click on an amount and be taken to the corresponding transaction. is this a bug? certainly this feature be removed in the new version, this is a HUGE timesaver??? and where are the memorized reports from my old version?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2018
    What version of QMac are you using? You should be able to single-click on a transaction and have it open a new register window with that transaction selected.

Memorized reports don't carry over from QM07. You will have to re-create any that you need.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    using version 4.6.9 (build 46.19356.100).

i closed out and went back in and now double clicking works (i think).

i’m trying to search previous questions/answers, sorry i didn’t see the reports migration issue before. if i had, i never would have upgraded. why this feature was left out is beyond me...

i’m now trying to move a transaction. i saw this answered here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...

but after adding the transfer column, clicking on a transaction to highlight it, i don’t have the arrow you described in the picture you attached. any idea why?

i’m now on to research where the transfer money function disappeared to (used to be under activities, transfer money and now the entire activities menu is gone).
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2018
    viki said:

i’m trying to search previous questions/answers, sorry i didn’t see the reports migration issue before. if i had, i never would have upgraded. why this feature was left out is beyond me...

i’m now trying to move a transaction. i saw this answered here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...

but after adding the transfer column, clicking on a transaction to highlight it, i don’t have the arrow you described in the picture you attached. any idea why?

i’m now on to research where the transfer money function disappeared to (used to be under activities, transfer money and now the entire activities menu is gone).

Are you trying to "move a transaction" from one account to another, or move money" between accounts?

One of the things the modern Quicken does better than good ol' Quicken 2007 is moving transactions between accounts. If you've made a mistake an entered a transactor in one account, say a checking account, but it belongs in another, say a credit card, just drag the transaction form the original register to the account you want it in on the left sidebar. No "Move Transaction" command; just drag and drop. (This doesn't work for investment accounts.)

If you're trying to move money between accounts, Quicken 2017 works very much like Quicken 2007; you just have to make sure the Transfer column is visible in your registers. You can enter the transfer in either the Transfer column *or* in the Category column in [brackets], like Quicken 2007. For example, if you've paid an Amex credit card from your checking account, enter a new transaction in your checking account: Payee=American Express, category=[Amex], or in the Transfer column, select the Amex account from the dropdown menu (or just type a letter or two of Amex).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Drill Down functionality is a hit and miss proposition...depending on which version you are using, there are different levels of implementation, and it is still a work in progress feature.

You can add your VOTE to Ability to Drill Down on ANY Report and the Ability to carry forward report formats from other versions.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests for Report Related Features. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
      FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
      Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
      Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
      smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
      edited May 2018
      viki said:

Regarding transfers, be aware that QMac has the unique ability to allow a transaction to be both a Transfer AND be categorized also, something that other versions of Quicken cannot do (QM2007 and earlier or QWin). 

BUT the problem is with the use of the Preference "Allow creation of linked transfers using the category field" AND not having the Transfer field showing.

When this features was introduced in QM2017 v4.3 (just over a year ago), it was so you could use the Category field to enter transfers WITHOUT the need to have the Transfer field visible. 

The problem is that the developers did not correctly handled this very use case correctly, where a transaction that was once a recorded as a transfer is reused but when the user reuses that transactions, the user has no clue that the Transfer field is filled in AND provides no way provides no way to remove the transfer without making the transfer field visible, thereby defeating the very purpose of the new feature.

The work-around is to make the Transfer field visible and remove that info.
      BUT I also strongly suggest that you use the 'Report a Problem' menu option to submit this issue to the developers to provide a better means of handling this situation.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
      FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
      Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
      Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• RickO
      RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
      edited May 2018
      viki said:

...and... to further complicate things, unchecking that option in Preferences does not disable the bracket notation as it should.
      Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
    This discussion has been closed.