"Find" box mising from screen missing in Investment Accounts

me
me Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
When viewing investment accounts, the "Find" box (where you would type what you want to find) which should be right above the word Find in the upper right is 90% obscured. 

Running Quicken 2018 Premier R8.8 on Windows 10.

imageimage

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Is that really a piece of the "Find" box?  I, too, see it in 27.1.8.8, but when I look in QW2016, there is no box to type in on the investment registers.  There is nothing to type in until you click on Find.

I'm using a non-high rez , non-4K monitor, so it is not due to resolution settings.

I'm not sure what it should be, but it definitely is just a partial piece of something.

Image from QW2016: 

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    There is no "find" box per se.  You click on "Find" and a new search box opens up.  It's the same search box you get if you click on Edit > Find.
    The line itself is clickable and clicking on it brings up the same selection menu you get when you click on the gearwheel above it, although you don't get the audible "click" when the menu opens.  Seems to be a bug of some sort.
  • me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks all.  I'm going to consider this resolved. There is clearly some issue with the way the screen is resolving the image, but that's way too minor to worry about.  (I was looking for the box that is on the Banking accounts but truly no big deal if it is not.) 
  • Ed Mooney
    Ed Mooney Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I was unaware of this thread when I started this one.

I agree with Tom Young's comments. I would add that clicking on "Find" from an Investment register returns records with no "Select" field, so you can't manipulate them. Also, this behavior differs from the search box of a Banking register, which filters the records specific to that account.

Home, Business & Rental Property R54.16 | Win 10 Pro 64

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ed Mooney said:

I agree with Tom Young's comments. I would add that clicking on "Find" from an Investment register returns records with no "Select" field, so you can't manipulate them. Also, this behavior differs from the search box of a Banking register, which filters the records specific to that account.

Ed,First off, thanks for moving over to this pre-existing thread.
    2nd, Investment account just work differently (in almost all aspects) than do bank/card/etc accounts. 

Perhaps the developers could make the investment accounts "present" like non-investment accounts ... but I'd prefer that they work on the acknowledged errors/bugs in the program.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ed Mooney
    Ed Mooney Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ed Mooney said:

You're welcome, and I agree.

The bothersome behavior for me is having first to select a Banking account if you want to manipulate the records returned by CTRL+F.

Home, Business & Rental Property R54.16 | Win 10 Pro 64

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    From C. D. Bales:

I agree with splasher: I don't think the line you see has anything to do with "Find".

Even non-investment accounts do not have a "Find" box; they have a "Search" box. And a "Search" produces different results than a Find.

To my knowledge, there has never been any "Find" box for any account type; and I don't see any "Search" box in investment accounts in any version of Quicken.

I suspect that the line you see is an unintentional artifact from the code that is executed when you use popup registers. When an investment account is displayed in a popup register, there is an "Actions" button just about directly above the word "Find" - the line you see appears to be the lower line of that "Actions" button. Clicking that Actions button produces the same dropdown you would see if the register were not a popup and you clicked the small gear-wheel icon above "Find".

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.