Security Prices Continue to Update After the Security Has Been Sold

Barry Gilbert
Barry Gilbert Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
This is  a bug report:
     Q2018 added a nice feature, in that: quotes are not downloaded for stocks no longer owned, which speeds up the download process greatly, especially for folks like me who have been active traders for many years.  Stocks currently owned are listed in the "securities" view with a checkmark over at the righthand side of the window; very good.  Not so good: when a stock is sold, the *bug* is that the checkmark for that sold security is not removed; it should be.  A minor, survivable issue, but stated here for the debugging folks.   Barry Gilbert

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Bring back Quick Report for Mac.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Separate issue, creating a new thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Security Prices Continue to Update After the Security Has Been Sold
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    If your response applies to Quicken for Windows ...

Check your Security List, please.
    Does the entry for this security have a checkmark in the Watch List column?
    If so, and if you do not use the Watch List feature of the Portfolio view, remove the checkmark.
    Quicken will not download prices for securities no longer held unless Watch List is checked.
  • Barry Gilbert
    Barry Gilbert Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    In the securities page that I see when I open the Securities list, *there is no* watch list column.  Not sure how to show that column.  I've probed around, and cannot see how to make that column visible.  I am referring to Quicken 2018 for Mac, not the PC version.
    Barry Gilbert
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

In the securities page that I see when I open the Securities list, *there is no* watch list column.  Not sure how to show that column.  I've probed around, and cannot see how to make that column visible.  I am referring to Quicken 2018 for Mac, not the PC version.
    Barry Gilbert

Categorization of this question has been corrected ;-)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Barry Gilbert
    Barry Gilbert Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

Barry Gilbert

Here are two useability feature requests; probably in the wrong location, but I could not find an obvious place to insert this material (these suggestions refer to Q2018 for Mac):

1.  When a new transaction is begun, in a checking account register or in a brokerage account register, the automatically incorporated date should be today's date, not the last date used.
    2.  When a new transaction is entered (e.g., by hitting "return"), a blank "new line" should automatically appear.  It should not be necessary to hit the "plus" button at the bottom to begin the process of adding the *next* transaction.  This would save an extra mouse click during every entry.
    Barry Gilbert

This discussion has been closed.