QuickenMac 2019: move shares between accounts

Options
Chris Shatara Sr.
Chris Shatara Sr. Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I have version 5.8.2 of Quicken for Mac 2019.   I'm using the product in a totally manual mode, ie no online access to my brokerage accounts.  I just opened up a couple of accounts with a new broker and want to know how to Move Shares in Quicken between the old account and new account without losing the original data such as purchase date, cost, etc.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    If you moved your entire portfolio from one brokerage firm to another, you could simply rename the account to the new brokerage firm and edit the download info to reflect the new firm if they offer that service for Quicken. If they don't offer download service just turn off the download capability altogether and entry your transactions manually.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    BruceG said:

If you moved your entire portfolio from one brokerage firm to another, you could simply rename the account to the new brokerage firm and edit the download info to reflect the new firm if they offer that service for Quicken. If they don't offer download service just turn off the download capability altogether and entry your transactions manually.

BruceG's response is, really, the easiest way.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You may also want to add your VOTE to Add Ability to Transfer Shares between Investment Accounts.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the 
    List of Requests Related to Investments. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Chris Shatara Sr.
    edited November 2018
    Options
    BruceG said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  This works fine for me as the integrity of the accounts remain the same.
  • Chris Shatara Sr.
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I have voted for this feature.   Thanks for reminding me to vote.

This discussion has been closed.