Trying desperately to get my QMac2007 investment data correctly into QMac2019

Unknown
Unknown Member
Upon reading about the critical new investment features in QMac2019, I finally decided to try to upgrade from QMac2007.  I am close to despair trying to get my data imported correctly, or at least to understand what the heck the new version is doing with inter-account transactions.  I am so confused about what it's doing that even trying to explain the problem may be fruitless, but I'm going to give it a try, because the alternative is just to get my money back and return to the old version.

For now I am doing everything manually.  I tried setting my primary account to auto, but it only imported 2 years of transactions.  My Q2007 file goes back to 1990-ish, so 2 years is not useful.

In Q2007, I had a single account defined for my brokerage account.  I also had several accounts defined each for a single mutual fund.  Though these funds were (are) held in my brokerage account, I preferred to track them in their own accounts in Quicken.  The new Quicken does not seem to have this type of account, so all my single-fund accounts were imported as brokerage accounts.

If I could simply merge those accounts into my brokerage account, it would solve all my problems.  But I can't find any way to do that.  Is there?

Assuming not: the problem arises whenever there is a BUY or SELL transaction on one of these mutual funds.  For a $1000 BUY, for instance, In the old Quicken I would do the following:
1) In the brokerage account, sell $1000 worth of money market.
2) In the mutual fund account, enter the BUY, and point it to the brokerage account, so the cash would be taken from there.

That is all quite sensible.

In Q2019, here's what the importer left me with:
1) In the brokerage account, there's a Payment/Deposit transaction.  In the Splits, the first column says Transfer: [mutual fund account name].  In the third column, the actual name of the account.  In the fourth column the amount of cash transferred.
2) This is linked to a transaction in the mutual fund account that says BUY zero shares, same dollar value as above.  In the memo, it says "Created based on Deposit of $1000".  In the transaction list, it shows a "-$1000" in the Amount column.

#2 makes no sense to me.  How is "Buy 0 shares" a placeholder for making cash available to purchase real shares?  How come the amount is -$1000, which suggests money going out of the account?  I end up with two consecutive BUY transactions, each showing -$1000, and yet mysteriously the Balance column stays at zero.  I am baffled.

I also cannot delete the transaction in #2, it tells me "this transaction is locked and can't be deleted".  Go To Source takes me back to the transaction describe in #1.

If I delete *that* one (the Payment/Deposit in the brokerage account), both disappear.  Then, if I create a new one that is exactly like the old one, the weird "Buy 0 shares" transaction does not appear in the Mutual Fund account.  So it seems that the importer is doing some special magic to put it there that I can't do myself?

I feel like there is almost zero chance anyone will be able to make any sense of what I'm writing here.

Likewise, there is zero chance I can make any sense of what Quicken is doing.  I don't know how to move forward with this program if I can't understand something so fundamental.

Can anyone help me untangle this mess?

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Neil, are you still facing this issue?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes, I haven't worked any further on it since posting this, since I wasn't getting anywhere.  My deadline for resolving it is when the return period expires.

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    It sounds like a few things are going on. Whether or not understanding those oddities will ultimately lead to success is unknown, but let's look at things:

Did you actually import your 2007 data file into 2019? The reason I ask is that if you had prior history, it should have been imported. If you only received two years of data, that sounds like your setup only brought in your history that your financial institution provides. 

Part of the confusion here might also be with Single Mutual Funds: Many brokerage houses provide this data as a single investment account with the various holdings represented within. Others, split out each fund as if it is a separate account. I think you had this in 2007 and maybe 2019, but I am not sure form your description. At getting back to the trying to connect online might have added more confusion to the mix.

You might wish to create a new file in 2019, and try the import again. The programs are quite different, but seeing the import a second time prior to taking it online might yield some clues. Examine the data and don't try to download.

As for your second problem-you did a good job describing it. I suspect the problem lies in that 2007 had the ability to combine transfers and buys/sells into a single trasnx. Newer versions do not support this, so that might be why you see a screwed up split.  But, before you go to diagnosing that, I think you need to get a fresh import to see where you are at. Then you can tackle the transfer split issue. And we might also have placeholders created from the download setup interfering with the entire process.

I suggest you try the import again into a new file, and we go from there.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the reply.  A few points of clarification:

1) In Quicken 2007, I was doing everything manually.  No importing of anything from anywhere.  So, even though I had my funds held in a brokerage account, I had them separate in Quicken, and I entered relevant transactions in the appropriate register.

2) My plan was to do everything manually in Quicken 2019 as well, at least to get started.  A chat agent at Quicken suggested I try starting from scratch with automatic.  I tried that, and that's when I got the two years of data.  I'd be happy (maybe) to start off manually to fill in the old data, and then turn on auto updates.  However, it is not clear how I can do that, since there doesn't seem to be any way to take my old imported data (in separate accounts) and them merge them into the brokerage account.

But anyway, I basically discarded the file with the automatic updates, because with only two years of data it's basically useless.  So all the rest of my questions regard the files where I did indeed start with a fresh file and then import from Q2007.

3) Yes, it appears that the lack of ability to combine transfers and buys/sells is an important limitation of Q2019.  It makes having separate accounts for the mutual funds less appealing, because buy or sell transactions now require and extra transaction to be entered.  But I don't understand where those "linked" transactions came from, since I don't seem to be able to enter them myself.  The "Balance" column staying at zero during all these shenanigans (in the Mutual Fund account) also continues to mystify me.

4) Not mentioned in my original post is the fact that Q2019 flat out screwed up importing many of those buy/sell transactions, in various ways.  That is why I need, at a minimum, to go through every buy/sell transaction and make sure they're all correct, and in many cases re-enter them.

It sounds like the most sensible approach going forward would be to combine the mutual funds back into brokerage account.  Is there any way to do this in Q2019?  I could find neither a function to merge accounts, nor to move transactions from one account to the other.

Thanks again for slogging through all this.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    neilw said:

1) In Quicken 2007, I was doing everything manually.  No importing of anything from anywhere.  So, even though I had my funds held in a brokerage account, I had them separate in Quicken, and I entered relevant transactions in the appropriate register.

2) My plan was to do everything manually in Quicken 2019 as well, at least to get started.  A chat agent at Quicken suggested I try starting from scratch with automatic.  I tried that, and that's when I got the two years of data.  I'd be happy (maybe) to start off manually to fill in the old data, and then turn on auto updates.  However, it is not clear how I can do that, since there doesn't seem to be any way to take my old imported data (in separate accounts) and them merge them into the brokerage account.

But anyway, I basically discarded the file with the automatic updates, because with only two years of data it's basically useless.  So all the rest of my questions regard the files where I did indeed start with a fresh file and then import from Q2007.

3) Yes, it appears that the lack of ability to combine transfers and buys/sells is an important limitation of Q2019.  It makes having separate accounts for the mutual funds less appealing, because buy or sell transactions now require and extra transaction to be entered.  But I don't understand where those "linked" transactions came from, since I don't seem to be able to enter them myself.  The "Balance" column staying at zero during all these shenanigans (in the Mutual Fund account) also continues to mystify me.

4) Not mentioned in my original post is the fact that Q2019 flat out screwed up importing many of those buy/sell transactions, in various ways.  That is why I need, at a minimum, to go through every buy/sell transaction and make sure they're all correct, and in many cases re-enter them.

It sounds like the most sensible approach going forward would be to combine the mutual funds back into brokerage account.  Is there any way to do this in Q2019?  I could find neither a function to merge accounts, nor to move transactions from one account to the other.

Your clarification really helps. Thank you.

You are in a bit of a pickle, and I don't know which solution is best for you. Sticking with 2007 isn't a tenable one, as the writing has been on the wall for years. So to  2019 you likely must go.

How you proceed depends on your detail level/how much time you spend to deal with this. You can stick with manual entry, and deal with fixing all those odd transfer transactions. Or, you can start fresh with only two years of accurate balances, and slowly flesh in older data if you so desire. That requires manual entry of older transactions, but for every one you enter, the placeholder transactions will update.

Do you need that older data, or is it a more an OCD thing? I know I manually entered near 20 years of investment transactions in a 401k account, but I really don't know how worthwhile my efforts were. Is knowing Cost Basis really needed for you?

Obviously, how you proceed is up to you. If it were I? I would setup the fresh download with only two years of data and get rid of all the other SMF accounts. Then, flesh in older data if so desired. Adding in accurate data manually is easier than fixing older botched transfer transactions. 

Again, I can't see the "shape" of your data, so I don't know which is the best solution. 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Not sure how useful this suggestion will be and YMMV on this but one unique capability of modern QMac is that it can import multiple QM2007 files and combine them into one QM2019 file. So you could create a version of your QM2007 data file with just your investment transactions and them import them into an existing QM2019 data file. I know this works for transactional data; not sure how well it works for investment transaction data.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    neilw said:

Yeah, I really do want that older data, at least for securities I still hold.  I need to be able to track tax lots and such.

It seems to me that the way forward for me would be to re-enter my Q2007 transactions into Q2019, and merge all those fund transactions into the parent brokerage account.  That is doable.

At some point, though, I have to seriously consder how much I'm paying (yearly!) to get the privilege of doing all this extra work.  As a pure investment tracking tool, upgrading old Quicken every few years wasn't too bad.  The new one will cost quite a bit more, and overall seems to have less functionality (although more modern and prettier, to be sure.)  The reporting options in Q2019 seem much less robust than Q2007, which is... well, a little hard for me to understand.

I guess I need to put aside the data import issue for the moment and just evaluate if the new Quicken will actually give me anything back for all my effort.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018

Not sure how useful this suggestion will be and YMMV on this but one unique capability of modern QMac is that it can import multiple QM2007 files and combine them into one QM2019 file. So you could create a version of your QM2007 data file with just your investment transactions and them import them into an existing QM2019 data file. I know this works for transactional data; not sure how well it works for investment transaction data.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Investment transactions = *all* my transactions.  That's all I use Quicken for.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    @neilw

Reviewing the info you have posted - the Single Mutual Fund (SMF) accounts in your QMac2007 file are a major obstacle to converting to the newer QMac product. Specifically, the new QMac does not support nor recognize the combination "X" transactions - BoughtX. SoldX, DivX, etc. - that are associated with the use of SMF accounts. QMac makes an attempt to interpret and convert these transactions,  but as you have noted, the results make no sense.

My recommendation would be to focus on cleaning up the QMac2007 file by eliminating the SMF accounts. You did indicate that these SMF holdings were actually part of your regular brokerage account - let's move them back to where they really belong while getting a file that can be converted.

The cleanup will be most easily done in QMac2007 using the Cut/Paste to move the investment transactions from the SMF accounts to your regular brokerage account. The newer QMac does not have the Cut/Patse (or Copy/Patste) feature, nor can one move investment transactions using Drag/Drop. Thus the editing will be much quicker and easier, with less chance for error, in QMac2007.

Do make frequent backups as you proceed. An effort of this magnitude provides many opportunities for a "shot to the foot" - give yourself safe retreats along the way.

Good Luck.

QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    JM said:

@neilw

Reviewing the info you have posted - the Single Mutual Fund (SMF) accounts in your QMac2007 file are a major obstacle to converting to the newer QMac product. Specifically, the new QMac does not support nor recognize the combination "X" transactions - BoughtX. SoldX, DivX, etc. - that are associated with the use of SMF accounts. QMac makes an attempt to interpret and convert these transactions,  but as you have noted, the results make no sense.

My recommendation would be to focus on cleaning up the QMac2007 file by eliminating the SMF accounts. You did indicate that these SMF holdings were actually part of your regular brokerage account - let's move them back to where they really belong while getting a file that can be converted.

The cleanup will be most easily done in QMac2007 using the Cut/Paste to move the investment transactions from the SMF accounts to your regular brokerage account. The newer QMac does not have the Cut/Patse (or Copy/Patste) feature, nor can one move investment transactions using Drag/Drop. Thus the editing will be much quicker and easier, with less chance for error, in QMac2007.

Do make frequent backups as you proceed. An effort of this magnitude provides many opportunities for a "shot to the foot" - give yourself safe retreats along the way.

Good Luck.

That's a reasonable approach.

I still need to determine whether the new Quicken is actually giving me any advantage vs. Q2007, other then newness.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    JM said:

@neilw

Good Luck.

That is a question only you can truly answer - likely after you have used the product for a time. Each individual user has his/her own priorities.

I am still running both QWin and QMac - QWin for 25+ yrs and QMac starting with QEM 5+ yrs ago.

In the investments area (a priority to you I gather), I really like the flexibility and versatility of the registers in the new QMac - the ability to select and arrange desired columns and the register filtering capabilities. Can quickly get at some info without having to generate a report.
    There are a few investment transactions that are missing from the new product. The Corporate Acquisition and the ability to easily move a security (with multiple lots) from one account to another are a couple of items missing.
    Reporting capabilities are still lagging but slowly improving.

Undoubtedly, the biggest advantage to you from migrating is getting a product that is supported and will continue to function as Apple moves forward!!!
    Quicken user since 1991

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    neilw said:

To help you in that decision making and be sure to understand if it will meet your needs, you can read a lot more about the differences here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-2018-or-qm2007

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    neilw said:

Thanks, that led me to the page of hindrances to migrate from Q2007... and I saw the bit about incompatibility of Q2007 with auto-backups and APFS.  I just upgrade to Mojave and it upgraded my Fusion drive to APFS for the first time, and I have gotten my first Q2007 crash.  At the time I didn't realize what it was.

So it look like I'm going to be pretty motivated to move onto Q2019, whether I like it or not.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    neilw said:

The automatic backup issue with Mojave (and High Sierra) is not a show stopper. There are work-arounds for that feature if you really want it, i.e. move the data file and backups to a HFS+ (MacOS Extended) formatted drive or partition. Otherwise, QM2007 is quite stable with these macOSes.

The next macOS will be another issue since it has been stated that it will not support 32-bit apps like QM2007.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    JM said:

@neilw

Good Luck.

Actually, after going and trying this, I cannot figure out how to move transactions from one account to another in Q2007.  There seems to be no way to copy, paste, or move a transaction.

I wonder if I'll just have to reenter all of them.  Sounds like fun.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    JM said:

@neilw

Good Luck.

Perhaps I made a bad assumption - assuming that one could Cut(or Copy)/Paste investment transactions in QMac2007.

This has been a feature in QWin for quite some time - the basis for my assumption and the recommendation to do the "dirty work" in the old file - Yikes!!!
    Quicken user since 1991

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    JM said:

@neilw

Good Luck.

I'm actually a bit shocked not to see it there....

Well, I have some work ahead of me. :(
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    JM said:

@neilw

Good Luck.

I can confirm that there is no move function for investment transactions in QM2007.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2018
    JM said:

@neilw

Good Luck.

Nor in QM2019!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    JM said:

@neilw

Good Luck.

For my clarification - in QMac2007, one can not use Cut/Paste (or Copy/Paste) to effectively move investment transactions?

QWin does have a "Move Transaction" function but it does not work with investment transactions; e.g., Buy, Sell, Div, etc. The "Move" does work for non-investmnt transactions.
    In QWin, one can "move" an investment transaction using Cut/Paste (or Copy/Paste).

Obviously my experience with QMac2007 is very, very limited. Did make a half-hearted attempt to convert my QWin file several years ago. Managed to get my current accounts in sync but the history was quite a jumble and lost interest.
    Quicken user since 1991

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Well I got one account's transactions merged into the main brokerage account, by manually re-entering them all.  That was not what I would call a whole lot of fun.

Several more to go, but most of the rest have a lot fewer transactions so should go quicker.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    neilw said:

Well I got one account's transactions merged into the main brokerage account, by manually re-entering them all.  That was not what I would call a whole lot of fun.

Several more to go, but most of the rest have a lot fewer transactions so should go quicker.

Do post back your overall results when you are done.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    neilw said:

4 accounts down so far, many to go.  I decided that even for old accounts that are now empty, I was going to merge them in, because they are just as likely to incur import mistakes as the active accounts.  And I do want to keep the historical data, though I did give a bit of thought to just deleting them entirely and moving on.  

And so this is a long and tedious process.  And I must say, while my ire may be mainly directed towards Q2019 for it's lack of support of some features, Q2007 sure isn't making my life any easier.

I shall keep slogging along.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Status report: finished importing my QMac2007 investment data into QMac2019.

Here's my final(?) status report.  Thanks to the mods for putting this back into its original thread.

The first thing I did was to merge the transactions from all my individual mutual fund accounts into the brokerage account where those funds are held.  Because there was no way to actually transfer the transactions, I had to re-enter all of them.  All I can say about that is: thank god I'm not an active trader.  That was incredibly tedious and really had me questioning my life choices.  But I got it done eventually.

At that point the import into QMac2019 worked.... mostly OK I guess.

My registers were now about 2 months out of date.  So I thought I'd try taking advantage of automatic downloads (in the past I always did everything manually).  Got it set up, and then... it only downloaded the last week or two of transactions.  If there was a way to force it to load everything since my last manually-entered transaction, I couldn't figure out what that might be.  Worse, though, everything was entered as literal translations of what was downloaded.  That's all you could reasonably expect it to do, but it's not what I wanted.  For instance, TDA lists divident re-investments as two transactions: a dividend and then a purchase (and sometimes there are MM sweeps and sales interspersed in there).  That certainly works and is technically correct, but it also makes a mess of the register.  I've always entered those as a single reinvest transaction.  There were other small issues not worth going into.

At this point I needed a sanity break and walked away for a while.

This week I decided to get things in order.  So I deleted all the downloaded transactions, turned off automatic updates, and went back to the way I used to do it.  I find entering the transactions in Q2019 to be a mixed bag.  Although it is a lot prettier, it also in some areas takes a lot more keystrokes and/or mouse interactions to enter a transaction.  Entering MMF transactions is particularly annoying; because it seems you must enter dollar value and number of shares.  For MMFs where the share value is (almost) always $1, that means needing to enter the same number twice.  In the old Quicken, I could just enter the dollar value and a quick "1" for the share value, and then it fills in the number of shares.  Oh well.

I also discovered that, presumably when I did my automatic transaction download, Quicken added a bunch of "add shares" transactions to the beginning of my ledger to get the share balances to square up.  It took me a long time and a lot of hair pulling to discover those were there, because of course I didn't want them.

Now, as far as I can tell, everything is up-to-date.  I have a pretty, modern, Mac-native UI, with a mixed bag of functionality.  Better in some areas, lacking in others.  Thanks to the poster in the previous thread who mentioned customizing the columns in the register, that certainly has proved to be helpful.  Overall it's a wash I guess.  I am at least encouraged that the app is under active development.

Oh, an finally: sometimes it takes me several seconds to switch from the Register view to the Portfolio view.  Geez.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    neilw said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Status report: finished importing my QMac2007 investment data into QMac2019.

Here's my final(?) status report.  Thanks to the mods for putting this back into its original thread.

The first thing I did was to merge the transactions from all my individual mutual fund accounts into the brokerage account where those funds are held.  Because there was no way to actually transfer the transactions, I had to re-enter all of them.  All I can say about that is: thank god I'm not an active trader.  That was incredibly tedious and really had me questioning my life choices.  But I got it done eventually.

My registers were now about 2 months out of date.  So I thought I'd try taking advantage of automatic downloads (in the past I always did everything manually).  Got it set up, and then... it only downloaded the last week or two of transactions.  If there was a way to force it to load everything since my last manually-entered transaction, I couldn't figure out what that might be.  Worse, though, everything was entered as literal translations of what was downloaded.  That's all you could reasonably expect it to do, but it's not what I wanted.  For instance, TDA lists divident re-investments as two transactions: a dividend and then a purchase (and sometimes there are MM sweeps and sales interspersed in there).  That certainly works and is technically correct, but it also makes a mess of the register.  I've always entered those as a single reinvest transaction.  There were other small issues not worth going into.

This week I decided to get things in order.  So I deleted all the downloaded transactions, turned off automatic updates, and went back to the way I used to do it.  I find entering the transactions in Q2019 to be a mixed bag.  Although it is a lot prettier, it also in some areas takes a lot more keystrokes and/or mouse interactions to enter a transaction.  Entering MMF transactions is particularly annoying; because it seems you must enter dollar value and number of shares.  For MMFs where the share value is (almost) always $1, that means needing to enter the same number twice.  In the old Quicken, I could just enter the dollar value and a quick "1" for the share value, and then it fills in the number of shares.  Oh well.

I also discovered that, presumably when I did my automatic transaction download, Quicken added a bunch of "add shares" transactions to the beginning of my ledger to get the share balances to square up.  It took me a long time and a lot of hair pulling to discover those were there, because of course I didn't want them.

Now, as far as I can tell, everything is up-to-date.  I have a pretty, modern, Mac-native UI, with a mixed bag of functionality.  Better in some areas, lacking in others.  Thanks to the poster in the previous thread who mentioned customizing the columns in the register, that certainly has proved to be helpful.  Overall it's a wash I guess.  I am at least encouraged that the app is under active development.

Oh, an finally: sometimes it takes me several seconds to switch from the Register view to the Portfolio view.  Geez.

Glad you sorted it out.  Just for reference for anyone else reading, here is a FAQ about placeholders:

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    neilw said:

@neilw

Congratulations on getting it done!!  Your perseverance is admirable - many would have thrown in the towel. Good luck going forward.
    Quicken user since 1991

• jacobs
    edited December 2018
    neilw said:

Neil, does your portfolio view show a line graph across the top? It’s there by default, but it takes awhile for Quicken to calculate. If you want, you can hide the graph and the time delay disappears. The trick to hiding the graph is noticing a small dot below the center of the graph. Click and drag it upward and the graph will shrink; keep dragging up and it will eventually disappear. Now switching between accounts should go quickly.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    neilw said:

Excellent suggestion.

I tried it, and the first several times I went back and forth it still took a long time.  Then, eventually, it started being instant.  I don't know why it would take so many tries but I'm satisfied with eventual success.

Interestingly, if I not bring the graph back, it slows down but not nearly as bad as before.  Now it's about 2 seconds to bring up portfolio.

Thanks for the tip!
  • jacobs
    edited December 2018
    neilw said:

Keep in mind that each investment register is separate, including the main group register for "Investing" and the sub-group registers like "Investing" and "Retirement". So you have to do this hide-the-graph trick with each account and group to get rid of the time lag in creating the graphs. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    neilw said:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.  For now I seem to be functional.
This discussion has been closed.