used an old version or Quicken; never updated; cannot open it; don't want to to lose records; Can y

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
Help! I have used Quicken for years and have never updated Quicken. Now I cannot get into Quicken. I don't want to to lose all my records that are int he old Quicken. Can you help me??? MAC computer; don't know the Quicken version, but old

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Did you recently update to a new Mac OS version?
    That may be what made the old Q Mac incompatible with the new OS.

You may have to bite the bullet and purchase and install the latest version of Quicken Mac Deluxe. It will be able to read Quicken Mac 2007 or Quicken Essentials and convert it to the required new file format.
    https://www.quicken.com/mac/compare

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What version of Mac OS are you using? If you do not know, go the the Apple menu and select About This Mac.

To find out what version of Quicken you are using, find the Quicken app, right-click on it and select Get Info. There you should see the version number.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.