How do you print a transaction report in Quicken 2019 for Mac without split details?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Reports (Mac)
I just upgraded to Quicken 2019 for Mac from Quicken 2007 for Mac.  I'm trying to get a simple transaction register. It looks great on the screen but when I try printing it includes all split transactions. How do I eliminate this from happening. Some research says to uncheck the box to include splits but for the life of me I can't find that.  I must say that Quicken 2007 seemed a lot more user friendly than their latest version.

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hello Frank. Appreciate your question.

I was trying to replicate your question and I came up with the same issue as you, regarding the issues with the split transactions.

Based on these findings, there really is not a way to skip the splits and show the current information without the splits in a report.

We understand that the reporting is different between 2007 and 2019, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2018
    Frank, I don't think I ever realized that there was no way to generate a transaction report without split details! Thanks for pointing this out; I think there clearly should be such an option.

I created a new "idea" thread for this feature; go to this thread and click the blue Vote button on the upper right. If enough people vote for this idea, hopefully the developers will consider it for a future enhancement to the program.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Hello Frank. Appreciate your question.

I was trying to replicate your question and I came up with the same issue as you, regarding the issues with the split transactions.

Based on these findings, there really is not a way to skip the splits and show the current information without the splits in a report.

We understand that the reporting is different between 2007 and 2019, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

I have to be honest - I find Quicken 2019 to be far less user friendly all the way around.  I work in IT so I'm used to changes and generally do not have a problem with new versions of software, whether they be in the operating system or with applications  Unfortunately the "Upgrade" to Quicken 2019 for Mac from Quicken 2007 is VERY disappointing. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    jacobs said:

Frank, I don't think I ever realized that there was no way to generate a transaction report without split details! Thanks for pointing this out; I think there clearly should be such an option.

I created a new "idea" thread for this feature; go to this thread and click the blue Vote button on the upper right. If enough people vote for this idea, hopefully the developers will consider it for a future enhancement to the program.

Thanks jacobs, I clicked the "Vote" button as well as the "Helpful" and "Following" buttons. I'm just not sure that it will do much good. As I indicated in my reply to Quicken Harold, I am very disappointed in Quicken 2019.  Had I known what it was like I would probably have looked for another application.  The only reason I upgraded was because I ran into a couple of issues with Quicken 2007 after upgrading to macOS Mojave version 10.14.
  • jacobs
    edited November 2018
    Frank, here's my take, for what it's worth...

Quicken 2019 is still missing a number of features that Quicken 2007 had. As you may know, Quicken had to start over, from scratch, to build a program on the modern Mac operating system, because Quicken 2007 had a code base which was 20+ years old and built on technologies that Apple has removed from he operating system. There's a long story (which I won't recount here) about lost time and missed opportunities by former owner Intuit, but it's been a long road over the past 11 years since they made the decision to start over. 

That said, I see reason for moderate optimism. I've been working with the modern Quicken Mac since it debuted four years ago as Quicken 2015, and there have been substantial improvements. On the flip side, there's still a lot of features and functionality users are waiting/wishing for, and the progress in developing them has been slower than user -- and, frankly, the developers and management -- had expected or hoped. But the CEO has invested resources in adding people to the Mac development team, and stated a goal of reaching parity with Quicken Windows. So the trajectory is positive, albeit at a slower rate of climb than we'd wish. If you can make Quicken work for you now, even though not optimally, it seems likely that the program will continue to add features and get better over the next year or two. Of course, if it flat-out doesn't meet your needs now, that's little consolation or help.

Complaining to a moderator here like Quicken Harold about your general disappointment with Quicken 2019 doesn't generally get relayed to higher ups in Quicken. On the other hand, I think the higher ups mostly seem to "get it" about what's missing and what they need to do to make the modern Quicken Mac a worthy successor to the venerable Quicken 2007. It's just a question of how far they can go how quickly, and how difficult it is to wait for the features you need/desire. the answer to that question varies for each user, because of he different ways we use Quicken; for some users, Quicken 2019 is fine as it is, for some it's lacking but usable, and for some it's unusable because of missing functionality.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    see my response here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/need-account-register-report-without-split-detai...

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I, too, had the same desire to print w/out all the splits being displayed.  Crazy that one can't do that.  

After using Quicken Mac 2007 for 10+ years, now using 2019 for one month I am DISAPPOINTED.  If I'm able to find a different tool I will not renew my subscription.  Any ideas?
  • jacobs
    edited January 2019

I, too, had the same desire to print w/out all the splits being displayed.  Crazy that one can't do that.  

After using Quicken Mac 2007 for 10+ years, now using 2019 for one month I am DISAPPOINTED.  If I'm able to find a different tool I will not renew my subscription.  Any ideas?

Johnny, the Quicken moderators do not allow discussions of competing products on this site. (Not unreasonable, since Quicken is paying for this site and staffing it to support users of their products.)  You'll have to find somewhere else on the web to get answers to that question.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Meanwhile, You may also want to add your vote to requests found on the 
    List of Obstacles and Hindrances for Migrating from QM2007 or QWin to Quicken for Mac

This is a special list that draws attention to requests specifically related to this topic, including report related features. Click the underlined link to visit that page to see the selection and add your VOTE to promote that list, to encourage others to vote. Then click on the links there to vote on the specific requests.

While you are at it, I also highly recommend that you browse through the IDEAS section of this forum and VOTE for the request of each of the missing features to be added back into Quicken for Mac....to help direct the priorities of the developers.

This will help make the transition easier for you when you are ready to upgrade by seeking to have the features you are used to in Quicken end up in the latest version.

To do that click on this underlined linkfollowing the instructions then VOTE to your heart's content. Your VOTES matter! 
    EXPANDED List of Categorized IDEAS of Feature Requests and Enhancements to Vote On

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.