How do you add stock options to Quicken Deluxe 2019?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
How do you add stock options to Quicken Deluxe 2019 for Mac? The instructions I find from Quicken's website are outdated and don't work. It should be very simple. By the way, online linking my company's e*trade stock options account doesn't work either. The account is created but has 0 transactions. Very frustrating!

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hey Jim,

Sorry to hear you have unable to add any stock options to the account.

To start I would select Window and go to Securities.

Then click the + to create a new security.

Depending on what you are trying to track, Quicken may be able to find the price history if not, it may need to be manually added on the price history screen shown below.

image   image

Depending on what you are needing to show, you can then create transactions in the brokerage account for this stock option.

Hope this helps, let me know if you were needing any more information!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi!  Thanks for the response.  I am able to create the security that I want to track, but there is no way to actually manage a stock option grant.  That is, I should be able to input how many shares of the security I was granted, the strike price it was granted at, and given the current price, how much it's worth at the moment.  All of this information is in my e*trade account that I link to, but none of the info is actually imported and I can't do it manually.

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Hi!  Thanks for the response.  I am able to create the security that I want to track, but there is no way to actually manage a stock option grant.  That is, I should be able to input how many shares of the security I was granted, the strike price it was granted at, and given the current price, how much it's worth at the moment.  All of this information is in my e*trade account that I link to, but none of the info is actually imported and I can't do it manually.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for that additional information and I apologize that the prior response didn't quite address your question.

If you haven't already, please take a moment and review the discussion on tracking stock options in Quicken for Mac at https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/q2018-mac-stock-options.  

Are there any placeholders in the e*trade account?  If needed, more information on placeholders and how to resolve them is available at https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-what-are-placeholder-transactions-in-quicken....

I hope this information helps and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns the Community may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Sarah, Jim is asking about employee stock options. The link you referred him to is about trading options.

Jim, historically E*TRADE did not download ESPP or employee stock option grants or transactions. I don't believe that has changed.

I don't believe QMac has ESPP or employee stock option wizards like QWin does, so not sure you would be able to track your employee stock option grants with QMac.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

You can add your VOTE to Add capability to enter stock options and restricted stock units grants.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the 
    List of Requests Related to Investments. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.