Can NOT move the data file on Quicken for Mac 2019

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
I have Quicken for Mac 2019 Deluxe 5.9.2 and I am trying to move the data file.

This is on a brand new MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.2.

In my old computer running El Capitan I had created an encrypted sparse image in HPFS format.  My data file and my backups were stored in that encrypted image.

I copied that image to my new computer.  Installed the new Quicken and it converted the data file to its new format.  Have used it for 3 days and all is OK, except that the data file and the backups are NOT stored in the encrypted sparse image file.

So, I go to File, Move To... and follow the path until I find the sparse image.

The name of the image is greyed out.

So, I can NOT move the data file.

I could try moving it from outside Quicken but don't know if that is OK.

Thanks to all.

Roberto

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yes, it is perfectly OK to move your data file outside Quicken. BUT be sure to quit Quicken first before you do that.

Also, if you are moving your main data file, Quicken will not know where you moved it to the first time. So you can either double-click the data file or you will have to select File > Open and navigate to the new location the first time. Then Quicken will remember that location.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Yes, it is perfectly OK to move your data file outside Quicken. BUT be sure to quit Quicken first before you do that.

Also, if you are moving your main data file, Quicken will not know where you moved it to the first time. So you can either double-click the data file or you will have to select File > Open and navigate to the new location the first time. Then Quicken will remember that location.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Thank you very much.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options

You're welcome

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.