How to merge two accounts

I just moved from Windows to Mac, and my bank accounts were successfully transferred over. But when I downloaded the account updates from the bank, Quicken created new account names and put the updated data in those, so now I have two accounts for checking (old and new), two for the credit card, savings, CD's, etc.

I would like to merge these dual accounts back into single accounts, but I don't know how to do it.

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You can simply click and drag transactions from one account to the other. You can do it one at a time or choose a selection; standard selection techniques apply: shift-click fro range or command-click for adding individual entries to selection.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Yes, click and drag works, but many (not all) of the transactions are still in the old account, and the moved transactions all have a red pen icon on the left hand column which is very annoying.  I suppose I can delete the transactions in the old account, but after spending hours trying I am unable to clear the red pen icons.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    No need to spend anymore time trying to clear the Orange pencil..At present you are stuck admiring the pencil until the folks at Qm fix the bug
  • jim4
    jim4 Member ✭✭
    I used copy/paste to move transactions from one account to another as described above.  However, I had to reply in window that i wanted to delete the reconciled transaction for EACH transaction.  This was a burdensome task for a large account.  The window should have a yes-to-all check box.
This discussion has been closed.