Exporting "Net Worth Over Time" report to CSV

Options
rtribit
rtribit Member ✭✭
The QM19 "Net Worth Over Time" report does not have an "Export to CSV" option. It would be very useful to have the option of exporting just the data portion (not the graphs at the top of the report) of the QM19 "Net Worth Over Time" to a CSV file.  The data portion is the column data under the graph portion. 

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    This is one of the older legacy reports that is not going to get updated. So CSV export isn't going to happen unless and until this report is re-created in the new reporting engine. I don't know if that's on the development roadmap or not.

In the mean time, here's a workaround. Do a Select All to highlight the whole report, then Copy and Paste into a new Excel/Numbers spreadsheet. The format will be somewhat messed up, requiring you to move some columns around. But it does work.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • MarcR
    MarcR Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you click on hide graph and then click on the export report in different formats, you can export to a .PDF file, which is way nicer than a .csv file.  Other options include, .xlsx and .txt.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2019
    Options
    MarcR said:
    If you click on hide graph and then click on the export report in different formats, you can export to a .PDF file, which is way nicer than a .csv file.  Other options include, .xlsx and .txt.

Unfortunately, this is a legacy report and as such, there is no export option. You could use the Mac's print to PDF function to generate a PDF, but this doesn't result in a document you can manipulate, which is what I think what @rtribit is looking for.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • rtribit
    rtribit Member ✭✭
    Options
    MarcR:  Unfortunately, I can not find the "hide graph" in my Quicken for Mac 2019 (QM19).  Can you provide me with more specifics on how to find and click on "hide graph" with the "Net Worth Over Time" report?

RickO:  I have tried my Mac's Print PDF for this report.  Unfortunately, the best I've been able to do with that approach is 1) Print to PDF, 2) use Adobe's PDF Export function (I pay for this) to export the PDF file to MS Word, then 3) copy and paste the parts of the MS Word file into an Excel file.
  • rtribit
    rtribit Member ✭✭
    Options
    RickO:  Thank you.  Your copy & paste workaround worked for me.  Much better than my Adobe approach.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is one of the older legacy reports that is not going to get updated.
    @Quicken Marcus can you please confirm this? There seems to be some mixed messages over time about the plans for the old reports. At one time it seemed the plan was to eventually replace them altogether using the new report engine then there was a statement not long ago about eventually going back and fixing or tweaking them. 

Can you shed some light as to what the eventual plan is for the old reports?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.