Converting Quicken Mac Starter 2019 to Quicken windows

Is it possible to backup my Quicken Mac starter 2019 data and restore it into either Quicken 2019 for windows or QuickBooks 2019 for windows?

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the Quicken Mac to Quicken Windows is broken and no one knows when it might be fixed. Also, only Quicken Windows can be converted to QuickBooks.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The Mac to Windows conversion also doesn't do investment transactions -- at all -- but since Quicken Starter doesn't handle investments, this isn't an obstacle for @kasie. I'm just mentioning it here for others who may be reading this thread.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Mac Starter have the QXF (transfer file) export feature?

I have a vague recollection that it does not - which would prevent the ability to do the QMac/QWin transfer.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    J_Mike said:
    Does Mac Starter have the QXF (transfer file) export feature? I have a vague recollection that it does not - which would prevent the ability to do the QMac/QWin transfer.
    Good question. Since Quicken Support often uses an export and import as a troubleshooting technique to solve data file anomalies, I would think that it should... and since there's really only one Quicken Mac application with certain features enabled/disabled based on subscription level, it easily could... but that doesn't mean it does! Since most of use who answer questions here don't have a Starter subscription, I think we need to go to the source to get an answer -- @Quicken Sarah can you answer this question?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
     @Quicken Sarah can you answer this question?

Hi @jacobs

I'm happy to help :) and can confirm that Quicken for Mac Starter Edition does have the QXF transfer file Export and Import feature.

I hope this information helps, but please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.