How do I remove "Balance Due" and change Heading box shading?

I've just upgraded from Quicken H&B 2010 to H&B 2019. I've migrated my data file successfully. Creating an invoice in 2010 I do not have "Balance Due" on the Invoice. In 2019 it is printing (I do not want it to). Also, I want to shade the "Total" heading box and put a box around the customer message. All of these things were set in 2010. I can't find where to tweak these in 2019.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't remove the "Balance Due" on the Invoice since some programmer hard coded it in the Invoice. We've asked that it be optional but so far zilch. Have you tried editing your Invoice form using the Form Designer?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Hummingbird
    Hummingbird Member
    Yes, I've tweaked my form in Form Designer. I've changed the font for the "Total" to Bold, size 16; but it comes out regular, size 9. In Quicken 2013 I set the invoice as I like it; but obviously the transition from 2013 to 2019 overrode my layout. Also, in Designer it show this 'bold', size 16, but it doesn't print this way. I noticed that the box that I want around the messages is there in the Design, but that too does not make it to the printed invoice.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post a screenshot of your customized form in Designer and one of your printed one?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • fcanderson
    fcanderson Member
    I have the same problem. My invoices show both a "total" and "Balance Due" when printed but only show "total" in the form designer. I do not want the Balance Due on the invoice for several reasons. First, the value displayed is only for the current invoice, not the actual balance due for that customer (assuming there are other previous invoices for that customer that remain unpaid). Second, I use project numbers within quicken for multiple projects for a single customer. I do not want a total balance due for the customer displayed on an invoice when each project should be treated separately. Finally, balance due should be reserved for a customer statement. It has no place on individual invoices and is redundant with "Total" in the current version. At a minimum, the balance due block should be made editable or optional in the form designer.
    I spent two hours on the phone with support. Finally, a supervisor acknowledge this is a known problem which has been passed to the software development team over a year ago. No resolution date was forthcoming. The supervisor asked that I post in the forum to try to put more pressure on the development team.
  • LBarc
    LBarc Member ✭✭
    I have newly updated to subscription and am frustrated with the "new" invoice where I cannot remove the balance due and also that the "Message to Customer" box is no longer in a framed box. In the Invoice Designer, it looks like what I want (no balance due, a frame/box line around the Message to Customer) but when I print it, it's different and not what I want. I'd prefer to go back to my old Quicken H&B 2017. Please fix!!!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @LBarc

Thank you for taking for providing additional details, although I apologize that what you are needing is not currently available in the Quicken program.

I would next create an Idea post to request the feature that you have described.

To learn more about posting and voting on Ideas, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.