I'm new to Quicken for Mac, flubbed my first reconciliation.

Options
I flubbed my first reconciliation by mistakenly adding an adjustment to make the account balance. Is there a way to undo this?

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Just delete the adjustment from your register. You can also re-reconcile if you wish.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Yes, by "re-reconcile", I meant that you can run reconcile again if you need to mark any item as reconciled for the period. For instance, in the situation @Bromus described, if the $10 adjustment was discovered to be in error because a $10 transaction was missing, one could delete the adjustment entry, enter the missing $10 entry, re-run reconcile, and check off the newly-entered $10 transaction.

If you wanted to start reconciliation for a month completely from scratch, that is not easy; as noted, you have to un-reconcile every transaction. (Note to @smayer97 : this can not be done on a batch of transactions; mass edits do not include the Clear field, so you have to unreconciled each transaction, confirming each one, that you want to change from reconciled to not reconciled. If there is a way to un-reconcile transactions in mass, I haven't found it.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thx for clarifying. I could not remember for sure. I have removed that part.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.