ACTIVATION CODE FOR MAC (2018) EXPIRED WHEN INSTALLING QUICKEN DELUXE 2019

ACTIVATION CODE FOR MAC (2018) EXPIRED WHEN INSTALLING QUICKEN DELUXE 2019

Best Answer

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It has been confirmed once again that Quicken 2018 activation codes do not expire. The only exception to this is if a vendor acquired copies of 2018 that have been refunded by Quicken to the vendor (for legitimate reasons), copies for which Quicken would then terminate the activation codes (Quicken does not require the vendor to return the physical copies but to dispose of them).

If you purchased the software from a legitimate vendor, your options are to either return the software for a refund or contact Quicken support, which may honour the purchase and issue a new activation code if they are satisfied with your proof of purchase.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Tony.R

Sorry, you're experiencing this trouble.

May I ask where Quicken was purchased? Was this purchased at Quicken.com?

Was this purchase made recently?

Please let me know so we can get this resolved!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Tony.r
    Tony.r Member
    The Quicken Deluxe DVD was purchased on 28th May from a company in the USA through e-bay UK. The software installed promptly and when asked to enter the Verification Code, I typed in all 16 characters, and the response was ,
    "Sorry this code has expired". The software is the 2018 version, and I believe that the code was valid up to the end of 2018. I contacted the seller, who claimed that they could not understand why the code was not accepted. I eventually got a refund, and told to keep the software.
    I cannot see how the problem can be resolved due to the inactive Verification code, which means I require a code that is valid, or a newer version of Quicken is obtained.
    Tony R
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is odd. Activation codes for the 2018 version are not supposed to ever expire. And even the codes for the 2019 subscription are designed to expire 24 months from the date they were printed. 

Could the code have already been used before?

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Tony.r,

If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting support directly.

Support can be found at.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be solved on the Community.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It has been confirmed once again that Quicken 2018 activation codes do not expire. The only exception to this is if a vendor acquired copies of 2018 that have been refunded by Quicken to the vendor (for legitimate reasons), copies for which Quicken would then terminate the activation codes (Quicken does not require the vendor to return the physical copies but to dispose of them).

If you purchased the software from a legitimate vendor, your options are to either return the software for a refund or contact Quicken support, which may honour the purchase and issue a new activation code if they are satisfied with your proof of purchase.

This discussion has been closed.