My quicken backup location is on one note. I don't want anything on one note.

Options
How can I change this. I backed up to my c: drive, restored the file. How can I get my datafile to be on my c: drive and not one one and my auto backup to go to c: drive and not one note

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you mean OneDrive and not OneNote?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • kathy q
    kathy q Member ✭✭
    Options
    sorry, seems my datafile keeps going to one note. I don't want to use one note at all and want my datafile to be on the c: I restored from a backup, but don't see where the data file is saved so must be saving on one note
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Q, there's 2 types of backups: Automatic (initiated by Q itself) and Manual (Initiated by you).
    The automatic backups will  ALWAYS go into a Backup folder, that's immediately below the folder where you Q data file is located.
    The location of the Manual backups can be controlled by you using the CHANGE button of the Backup dialog.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• kathy q
    kathy q Member ✭✭
    Options
    Greg, thanks for the quick response. I have been online with quicken chat for about two hours and got no where. I don't see quicken there. i have quicken files under C: Program files (x86) then a quicken folder that has a lot of files. I think I should see a qdf file on my c: but I think it might be only in onedrive
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Open Quicken --> File --> Show this file on my computer. A File Explorer windows will open with your Quicken data file highlighted.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @""kathy q" ,

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Add your information to a reply in this thread.

Did you initially have anyone helping you set up Quicken on your computer?

To state that the Quicken Data File / folder needs to be located on the C:\ partition where the operating system is located, is flat wrong. The Data File can be located on a separate partition, along with the Documents folder.

Mine as seen from this operating system is located here: I:\My Documents\Quicken 2019 Data\ My Quicken Data File.

My Manual Backups reside on my Mapped Hard Drive. The Folder is named Quicken Backup.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.