Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, let us know.

I keep getting this message when trying to sign in. Went to the online help and correspondent took me to my firewall settings, and wanted me to set up new account. I never had this problem before and anyway could not set up new account as no response when pressed "create" button. Maybe its just the Quicken server is down, but been like that for 2 days.

Best Answers

• davidvernonlong
    davidvernonlong Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Can you point out where it says Quicken will work outside the US (if using the US version or Canada if using that version)? Have you tried using a VPN?

Hi, thanks, Using A VPN worked. I wonder if that is a permanent solution though.
    I agree that Quicken does not say it will work outside US, but on other hand I bought it when resident in USA and then moved overseas, and had no clue it would stop working. For those who just go non overseas trip from US , I guess they may have the same problem, and wonder if that is the intention of Quicken.
    Anyway, thanks , a VPN is working.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reboot your Windows machine and the router.
  • davidvernonlong
    edited September 2019
    Tried re-booting, but same issue.
    I am on Quicken Premier Version R21.17
    Build 27.1.21
    64 bit operating system
    Windows 10
    US version Of Quicken
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to sign-in to quicken.com or Quicken itself? Are you using a VPN?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • davidvernonlong
    edited September 2019
    Hi, both. I open Quicken and when it asks me to sign in I cannot. The same when I try to sign into Quicken.com. When I try clicking into I forgot my password (which I have not), it freezes. I am not using a VPN. If I go back and try again I get message"(Quickens on line service is unavailable at this time. Please try again later"
  • Greg_the_Geek
    What freezes when you click forgot password. Your web browser? If so, have you tried another web bowser?
  • davidvernonlong
    edited September 2019
    freezes was wrong choice of words. I meant nothing happens when i click on submit on help me sign in screen after putting in my ID
  • Greg_the_Geek
    What's your web browser? Have you tried another web bowser?
  • yes, tried tp log in to quicken on web with anpthet machine, and same problem. Maybe account locked. will call help,thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

• Paperdoll
    Paperdoll Member ✭✭
    I am also having this problem. And today I can't even get access to my qdata.qdf file. When I start Quicken I get the usual 'Enter Data File Password' and enter the (correct) password. Normally the data file opens but I now get a Sign In window and when I enter the (correct) Quicken ID and password the result is 'Oops! Something went wrong.
    Please try again, and if it still
    doesn't work, let us know.'
    Attempts to log in through the website also give the same result.

I renewed the Quicken subscription in March, 2019. I am using McAfee so Windows Defender is not active
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Paperdoll ,

Remove the File Password, until after you fix the problem with your Quicken User ID and Password. I would also suggest to rename your qdata.qdf file to a Custom Name like Paperdoll.qdf, so you can find it easier and Windows doesn't lose it.

I just tried logging into https://www.quicken.com/  /My Account without any problems, using FireFox 52.9 and Roboform 7.9.28.8 in
    Windows 10 Pro 32-bit Build 18980.1
    Quicken 2019 R21.17 Build 27.1.21.17

Have you tried changing the password associated with your Quicken User ID and once changed, Sign in as a different user in Quicken Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts.

See if that helps and once fixed, add your File Password back.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Paperdoll
    Paperdoll Member ✭✭
    Hi @thecreator

Thanks for the input. How do I proceed? If I can't get the qdata file to open, how do I remove the file password? I can't change the Quicken User ID password as I can't log into the account by any route I have tried.

Help!
  • thecreator
    Hi @Paperdoll ,

On the Sign In, click Forgot Password and follow Onscreen prompts.

Also see this FAQ: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Add your information to a reply.

Example:
    Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 18980.1
    Quicken 2019 R21.17 Build 27.1.21.17
    Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property

• Here is where I am now. Messaged the Quicken Help. They sent me a link to reset the password, which opens the standard screen you get if you say you forgot your password. When I clicked the "submit" button there is no response. Help person asked me to try in a different browser, which I did. I had same problem. Help person concluded there may be a problem with the Quicken web page and referred it to the Web team, and gave me a ticket number. Asked me to try later. That was yesterday, and same problem today.
  • thecreator
    Hi @davidvernonlong ,

You need to Fill in your Quicken User ID, which is the same as your Email Address, for it to work.

• Paperdoll
    Paperdoll Member ✭✭
    When I try to change the password from Quicken, I get the same Oops message.

Windows 10 Home Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.737)
    Quicken 2019 Version R21.17 Build 27.1.21.17
    Quicken Deluxe
  • thecreator
    Hi @Paperdoll ,

This is because you are trying to use Quicken as a normal Browser. Use a Browser like, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Waterfox.

Also go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?tduid=(4e6e5b5aaabf2cdcf40a873f29804e0d)(259740)(2542549)(UUwpUdUnU49825)(dwp)

You must sign in into your Microsoft Account and then download the Update Tool to upgrade Windows 10 to the May 2019 Update.

• Paperdoll
    Paperdoll Member ✭✭
    Hi @thecreator

Sorry. I was following the instructions to remove the File Password as the first step. I have also tried logging onto my Quicken account through Chrome and Edge and I get the same result no matter what route I take.

This is a very recent problem for me. Quicken worked fine until a week or so ago, so it is unlikely to be caused by the version of Windows I am using (which has not changed recently).
  • thecreator
    Hi @Paperdoll ,

I was bringing up the Windows Build, because Quicken seems to be tested with the latest version of Windows Public Release.

You haven't posted your exact Quicken information in any of the replies.

• Paperdoll
    Paperdoll Member ✭✭
    Hi @thecreator

I updated Windows to the May 2019 release as you suggested. I was able to log into my Quicken account on Chrome but was still unable to start Quicken Deluxe without getting the Quicken.com Sign In (where I was still unable to log in using the same ID and password that now works in Chrome).

I uninstalled Quicken and reinstalled and now everything works fine. When I start Quicken I get the File Password dialog and no longer see the Quicken.com Sign In.

Many thanks for your help.

I did post some information about my versions of Quicken & Windows. Can you let me know what else is required so I can supply it if I have cause to post here again? Thanks!
  • thecreator

• Paperdoll
    Paperdoll Member ✭✭
    Hi @thecreator

The problem has reappeared and I can't log in to quicken.com. I contacted Support via chat. They had me uninstall Quicken and then asked me to download and reinstall. I can't log in to do the download. So now I don't even have a working app on my computer.

Apparently it is not allowed to run Quicken when abroad and I am not currently in the US. I was able to login in a few days ago and download the software so the location detection must not work all the time.

How ridiculous
  • Paperdoll
    Paperdoll Member ✭✭
    And I just realized that the agent reset my password so I am effectively locked out
  • And I am also overseas, but that did not prevent Quicken from renewing my account and debiting my bank. I can run the app, but just not synchronise, update quotes or bank transactions
  • The below is an extract of chat with help agent.
    "Ah ok yes that is correct because the security certificate does have to validate in the US for the website
    MeOct 8, 2019, 11:09pm
    and due to the fact that you are not in the US it will not validate the security certificate therefore not allow you to change the password
    MeOct 8, 2019, 11:10pm"
    It seems that there is nothing to do within the existing coding. How do I move this up, so that the issue can be resolved, presumably with a change in the coding if the desire is there to do so?
    Anybody from Quicken review these posts?
  • davidvernonlong
    Answer ✓
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Can you point out where it says Quicken will work outside the US (if using the US version or Canada if using that version)? Have you tried using a VPN?

Hi, thanks, Using A VPN worked. I wonder if that is a permanent solution though.
    I agree that Quicken does not say it will work outside US, but on other hand I bought it when resident in USA and then moved overseas, and had no clue it would stop working. For those who just go non overseas trip from US , I guess they may have the same problem, and wonder if that is the intention of Quicken.
    Anyway, thanks , a VPN is working.
This discussion has been closed.