Quotes have stopped downloading for Q Mac 2007

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken 2007 16.2 freezes, stock quotes updates [edited: title expanded].

Best Answers

Answers

• dboltson
    dboltson Member ✭✭
    No quotes downloaded to my quicken 2007 mac 16.2.4 since last Thursday 11/14/19 [no mutual funds], and Friday 11/15/19 [no nothing: no funds, stocks or ETFs]. Is there another update in the works to restore access to the quotes server for us 2007 mac users?
  • Same here. Last update was 11/12/19, 6:12 PM EST. The support policies don't indicate that quotes download would be disabled. It talks about transaction downloads.

At one time, I tried to convert database to Quicken for Windows but that failed due to differences in date and transaction handling.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    All download services were ended. (In some of their legal agreements, they define transactions to be anything that's downloaded, so quotes are a type of transaction.)

The quote server was run by Intuit, Quicken's former parent. Quicken paid them -- and cajoled them -- to keep it running as long as they did in order to meet the needs to the ever-dwindling ranks of Quicken 2007 users. But the service would have apparently needed security updates that made it impractical for a long-discontinued product. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • drcuddy
    drcuddy Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation.
    As reported by others here, I've also found that quote downloads have ceased. But transaction downloads from my bank are still working (knocks on some nearby wood..)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    drcuddy said:
    Thanks for the explanation.
    As reported by others here, I've also found that quote downloads have ceased. But transaction downloads from my bank are still working (knocks on some nearby wood..)
    That's surprising, as my understanding was that any server connected with Quicken 2007 online services was being shut down. If it works for you now, you're lucky, but you should assume it will stop working sometime soon. Quicken 2007 should be viewed as only suitable for people willing to enter all their transactions manually.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.