2007 to 2017

Options
Where might I find instructions for upgrading my Quicken 2007 for Mac to the 2017 version?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually, Quicken Mac 2017 is a fresh clean install...meaning you can keep BOTH versions on your Mac, provided you aren't running macOS Catalina (which won't run 32 bit Quicken Mac 2007).

So, purchase Quicken Mac 2017, download and install it, then FILE > NEW > Start from a Quicken for Mac 2007 file.

That should convert your data file for use in Quicken Mac 2017 and you should be good to go.  Notice that the Quicken 2007 software and data remain untouched.  
  • Hazel
    Hazel Member ✭✭
    Options
    While this seemed simple enough, the process failed to update. I am attaching a screenshot of the error messages. I'm not sure what to do at this point since this file is the most updated version of the 2007 file as of today.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    In Quicken 2017, start a new file (File > New) and select that you want to start from a Quicken 2007 file. When the setup asks if you want to use Quicken Mobile/Web, say NO. The goal here is to get your Quicken 2007 data imported successfully. You can alway turn on mobile syncing later, and deal with any issues with that at that time, but for now, avoid the mobile sync and see how that goes.

P.S. You may already be aware of this, but Quicken 2017 is a 3 year-old version of the modern Quicken Mac, so it lacks a lot of features and fixes that have been added over the past three years. And its ability to connect to financial institutions and download data will end in five months (end of April 2020). Maybe you don't download transactions and that won't matter to you, but I just thought I'd mention it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hazel
    Hazel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. Unfortunately, when I tried importing my old file from the new version yesterday and it worked, I did click on the mobile sync option, having no idea about that until now. Is there a way to undo it? I don't need or want to connect to financial institutions. So far I like 2007 much better than 2017! For example, the way to clear or check off transactions, which took me forever to figure out, is cumbersome and does not result in visual cues. I would much rather see a checkmark next to a transaction that has been cleared for easier tracking.. I was very happy with 2007 and it met my needs; the only reason I upgraded was to have a 64 bit app before standalone version disappears and I get stuck with paying a subscription every year. I would sooner change brands. It looks as though there is no manual for 2017, which is very problematic. What is the best way to figure out how to manage it?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I described above how to start over re-importing your data. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hazel
    Hazel Member ✭✭
    Options
    So, to be clear, you're saying I just do the import all over again in order to make different choice re the mobile app?
    Also, is there some kind of guide of manual anywhere for this version?
This discussion has been closed.