How do I move multiple transactions for the same date to a new date all together

I am not new to Quicken but only use it as a check register. I have several transactions, for the same date, entered consecutively, is there a way to move all of them to a new date at the same time, rather than one at a time. I have 2017 mac version.

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It's a pity that you are asking about the Mac version ...
    In Quicken for Windows 2020 there is Edit / Find/Replace
    1. Find all transactions with Date = 12/1
    2. Select the transactions you wish to change
    3. Replace Date with 12/2
    Easy peasy, but be careful you don't change unwanted transactions. There's no UNDO button other than a Restore Backup from the most recently taken backup.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @Deborah Edson Sorry, our SuperUser powers are pretty limited, and definitely do not extend to controlling what features are added by the developers. ;) We're fellow Quicken users like you.

As for changing dates, are you aware that the plus and minus sign move dates up or down each time you click them? So if you're in your register and double-click on a transaction's date field and want to move it two days earlier, two quick presses of the minus sign (hyphen) will do that; to move it later, click the plus sign (you don't need to hold Shift). If you need to adjust the dates on a few transactions, this makes it pretty fast to do.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There are many other keyboard shortcuts to change dates too:
    w, k
    m, h
    y, r
    [, ]
    shift-[, shift-]

Look them up in Help to see what they are. Most are fairly intuitive.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify:
    You want to change several existing register transactions' Date from, e.g., 11/30/19 to 12/1/19 ... is that correct?
    Or do you want to create new transactions from these existing transactions and give them a new date, e.g., set up a block of new credit card payment transactions for next month's payments?
  • jacobs
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there's a way to edit dates on multiple transactions at one time in Quicken Mac 2017.
  • To UKR, It is the first thing you said several transactions from one date to another. They are entered consecutively in my register, so I thought if I highlighted all of them and changed the date on one it would move all of them but it doesn't. I thought there might be a way to do it under edit or somewhere else that I don't know about.

Thank you
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It's a pity that you are asking about the Mac version ...
    In Quicken for Windows 2020 there is Edit / Find/Replace
    1. Find all transactions with Date = 12/1
    2. Select the transactions you wish to change
    3. Replace Date with 12/2
    Easy peasy, but be careful you don't change unwanted transactions. There's no UNDO button other than a Restore Backup from the most recently taken backup.
  • I forgot about the "find" I used to be able to do that in an older version. I just tried it. I entered the date in the search bar and it is blank. I wonder why they changed it. Seems every time a company does a so called upgrade, you lose all of the easy things you used to be able to do. 5 clicks to do what you used to be able to do in 1 click. Oh well, thank you for your help, you tried. On an aside, I really don't like mac's and iPhones for that matter.
  • Since you folks are superusers, can you get them to add that function to Quicken for mac's? See, I do my bills one right after the other usually for the same date and then sometimes need to change them to another date and it would be nice to not have to change each one, but just highlight them and change the date at the same time. Got any pull with that?
  • Sorry, almost forgot, thank you both for your help.
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    @Deborah Edson Sorry, our SuperUser powers are pretty limited, and definitely do not extend to controlling what features are added by the developers. ;) We're fellow Quicken users like you.

As for changing dates, are you aware that the plus and minus sign move dates up or down each time you click them? So if you're in your register and double-click on a transaction's date field and want to move it two days earlier, two quick presses of the minus sign (hyphen) will do that; to move it later, click the plus sign (you don't need to hold Shift). If you need to adjust the dates on a few transactions, this makes it pretty fast to do.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There are many other keyboard shortcuts to change dates too:
    w, k
    m, h
    y, r
    [, ]
    shift-[, shift-]

Look them up in Help to see what they are. Most are fairly intuitive.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Thank you both the the double click and hit the minus/hyphen (-) super easy and I will look up the commands in the help and see what they do. Thanks again. Deb
This discussion has been closed.